Sore boobs/ AF confusion

JemmaLouise

Reaction score
I am so confused right now and was wondering if anyone else had something similar...

I normally get sore boobs from about a week before AF and then when it stops I know that I am going to start the following day. But I have had sore boobs for well over a week now and no sign of AF.

This month is really confusing me as I stopped taking my pill like 4 weeks ago about the 17th August. I had my fake pill period on the 10th August and then had what I assumed to be my withdrawal on the 24th.

I know the pill messes up your system but agghh it's so confusing. If I take my fake period as the normal cycle then I was due last week. If I go by my withdrawal then I think I was ovulating last week.... but whats causing my sore boobs?

I know this is confusing, but they are annoying me now, if I was ovulating last week then I am now on the 2 week wait and I just want my BFP lol :growlmad:

I would count this cycle as starting from the last withdrawal bleed, basically ever "fake period" on the pill is really a withdrawal bleed.

Anyway, it sounds like you may be in the TWW which would explain the sore boobs. The sore boobs are caused by the progesterone in the 2nd half of your cycle. Good luck!

It could also be to do with the hormonal changes after coming off the pill. I stopped mine in mid July and I had all sorts of strange symptoms, lots of cramping and sore boobs etc. They did calm down though.

Think its just highly frustrating when you first come off the pill as you don't know where you are with your own body. Not really had any pains or aches just this sore boob thing... the 2WW feels like its forever, I don't mind if I start AF or get my BFP, would just like to know where I am in my cycle. :shrug::shrug:

I feel exactly the same as I've had literally nothing since stopping BCP over 8 weeks ago!!! No sign of AF, no BFP, and only an almost positive OPK (although I knwo that's not really how it works, but they were all stark white then I had a really really dark one).

That dark one was just over a week ago, so I guess this coming week will be interesting lol.

I would take it from your bleed from your fake pill. And i would assume that the little bleed you have just had is ovulation, you could always buy some ovulation sticks and do one even if you have just ovulated in the past 4 days or so it will still come up on a test. atleast then you would have some peace of mind. I buy mine n ebay i get 50 for £3-£4 and i buy my pregnancy tests on there too for roughly the same price.

I hope you get your BFP soon. Just hang in there and it will come, it can take a while for your hormones to regulate so if you arent pregnant but have ovulated then take that as a positive still because it shows your body has no lasting effects from being on contraception, it can take 6 months for your body to regulate again.

Good luck x

So many "early pregnancy symptoms" are identical to pms symptoms...they really aren't reliable. I had sore boobs every time AF was due and also every time I got a BFP.
Fingers crossed for u! Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->