Sore breasts/ovulation question?

Maisie231

Reaction score
Hi there,

Completely new to all of this and somewhat flummoxed by my body! I've recently started paying attention to all the little signs that clue me in about my cycle (who knew there were so many?) and this morning woke with incredibly sore and tender breasts (mainly down the outer sides). I have never had this before in my life (have been on b.c since 14) and, not really knowing at the moment about my ovulation date, am really confused. Are sore breasts a sign of ovulation? And more importantly, should I be worried that I have this now when I never have before? My last period began May 15 and I have a 28 day cycle. Any comments or experiences of sore breasts would be appreciated (and will reassure me too).

Thanks,

Mai.x

Well for you they might be a sign yeah! I've had sore breasts for a week and got a negative OPK tonight. :shrug: every woman is different though. I've no idea what it means! Have you got any cm?x

Yes to the cm, again, another of the little signs I've suddenly started noticing! I just feel so lost with my cycle now- its been controlled by B.C for so long I don't even know what's natural and what's not.

I feel exactly the same. Let's hope we get our BFPs....I think I am the worlds most impatient person though so it's going to be a struggle this ttc business! :haha:

I would love a baby in the next year or two, and will try to be as patient as I can... I just wish I had more of an inkling about what was going on with my body, so that when we do start TTC (as opposed to NTNP) I can keep stress and worry to a minimum (I'm the anxious sort!).x

I finished my birth control pills in March and unfortunately am still not sure what is normal. It gives pregnancy symptoms I know that much. But I do get sore boobs from ovulation to my period. That has happened every cycle so far. It can take some women up to 6 months to regulate properly, but you can still concieve, just trickier to figure out when to bd really!
Good luck
:dust:

Im a pretty anxious sort too haha! Fairly paranoid I'm infertile but never had any reason to think so tbh! I think time will tell and you will get used to your natural body signs :) x

I'm the same been on the pill since I was 16 Iv had one break and fell pregnant with my son straight away.
I have only been off the pill one month and my breasts got very sore around ovulation for about 5 days so I think yeah it is a sign x

Five days?! This pain can last five days?!

I really hope my cycles regulate soon... as part of my anxious worrying, I hate feeling out of control about anything. I know its my body, but sometimes, it feels very strange to me. Sometimes I worry that TTC might be a little bit too much beyond my boundaries- this breast pain worried me more than it excited me about the possibility of ovulation. It's nice to know that other women feel likewise, or have gone through the same symptoms.x

Haha well I first wrote on my fertility calendar that I had sore boobs on the 24th so I've had them at least 8 days now! It worries me too, just because I don't know what it means.

You can always PM me if you need to compare symptoms or whatever! x

Eight days! I'll be at my doctors if this lasts more than four! Thanks for the offer of PM... its nice to know there are so many people on here who you can confide in and sometimes just let off emotions with! And also, of course, symptom spot too!x

:flower: no worries, we're all in the same boat! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->