Sore clitoris after childbirth?

BlondieBride

Reaction score
I had my son 9 days ago. I had a natural birth with only grazes. About 2 days ago i started to get a pain in my clitoris. It feels overly sensitive and sore and it hurts when i put any pressure on it, like its bruised. It hurts most when i walk or when i sit down (which puts pressure on it). Is this normal? Help!

Hi Hun,
I had this, and it lasted a while... But it's totally fine now!

I'm sure it's normal.

Congratulations on your new baby!

x x x

I had this, too. Can't remember when it went away. Before 6 weeks, I think.

Congrats on the birth of your baby.

I am pretty sure I am feeling that too, at first it was everyday soreness there but now it's like only every now and then when I pee or put pressure, I HOPE it goes away.

I had this as well.. it felt really twingey and tender for a while but I just tried to ignore it.. can't remember how long mine lasted. Hopefully it will go away naturally for you, if not then you could always mention it to your Midwife if you still see her? There's some products that can help with inflammation down there after giving birth. Just had a quick search and the top one that came up was Bee Relieved Perineal Healing Spray. Maybe give something like that a try to calm it down :)

I am also getting this. Its not as bad now, but still aches if I go to the loo! x

Sounds familiar...especially when I ran out of the pain pills the hospital sent me home with. But it felt better in a week or so.

Glad im not the only one! I thought maybe i had nerve damage down there! I was worried it would never go away!

I had that too... It went away in a few weeks.XX

Had it too. I was also worried that I will never enjoy sex properly again. Luckily it went away sometime. I think by 4-5 weeks.

I had this lot after she was born, felt like a pressure/brusied feeling? it eased off after about 2/3 months, i still feel it the odd time now, say if i've been walking alot during the day.

Same here, feels bruised. Glad its normal, I'd not thought to ask anyone about it!

I am so relieved to see this thread. I still have this problem and I can't bear to have it touched when :sex:. I had thought it was related to being catheterised after labour (as I had a 3rd degree tear) but it looks like it may just be par for the course.

How much longer should I expect it to last?

Ouch third degree tear sounds nasty :( It might take a bit longer for that one to heal but most ladies on here are saying around a month to a couple of months. Were you given anything to help with the soreness? I think if you're worried it's taking longer than it should to get back to normal then I think you should see someone about it, especially if it's affecting you sexually too!

I have this too. I think it may be getting a little better but not sure. Had midwife look at it and she says it looks fine. I only hurt when I pee and it feels like I'm peeing through a bruised area.

Ouch third degree tear sounds nasty :( It might take a bit longer for that one to heal but most ladies on here are saying around a month to a couple of months. Were you given anything to help with the soreness? I think if you're worried it's taking longer than it should to get back to normal then I think you should see someone about it, especially if it's affecting you sexually too!

I was on inordinate amounts of tablets for the first two weeks after birth, two of which were painkillers, and an anti-inflammatory.

I tore into my back passage rather than in to my labia, I would say 'thankfully' but not sure which is the worst of two evils there! I'm still under a physio and have an appointment at the hospitals trauma clinic next month so if I am still having issues then I'll bring it up, along with the undissolved intradermal sutures I still have. :nope:

I was on inordinate amounts of tablets for the first two weeks after birth, two of which were painkillers, and an anti-inflammatory.

I tore into my back passage rather than in to my labia, I would say 'thankfully' but not sure which is the worst of two evils there! I'm still under a physio and have an appointment at the hospitals trauma clinic next month so if I am still having issues then I'll bring it up, along with the undissolved intradermal sutures I still have. :nope:

Fingers crossed you're not in pain for much longer! :flower:

ahh i just made a post about this, wish id read down here first!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->