Sore Lower Abdomen At 19 Weeks?

squeal

Reaction score
Has anyone had a sore lower abdomen around this time? I've had it for about a week or more now, it feels sore just above my bikini line. I mainly feel it when I'm getting up.

Is this normal and if so what's causing it?

Thank you for anyone who takes the time to reply xx

If you get it more when you're standing up it sounds like round ligament pains. It's your muscles stretching to make room for your baby. That's why you feel it more when you're standing up. Nothing to worry about and completely normal.

However if it persists and gets more painful, wouldn't hurt to speak to your midwife for some reassurance. x

I've been having this this week (15.5-16 weeks). I'm assuming it's my lower abs struggling against my growing uterus because it's right where my teeny bump is starting to show. No idea if that's what it is but it's definitely what it feels like to me.
Feels like I did to many bicycle crunches the day before or something (except my upper abs aren't sore). Everyone I've asked said they had the same kind of soreness for 3-4 weeks during pregnancy.

Edit: I went to my supervisor's (who just had a baby 2 years ago) office on Tuesday and asked "Did your abdominal muscles ever feel like they were going to fall off when you were pregnant?" And she said "Where, here?" And stood up and indicated exactly where you're talking about (and where my soreness was).

Thanks for both the replies, that's really reassuring.

Sounds like my bump may grow quickly soon then if there's a lot of stretching and growing going on down there.

It's definitely become a lot harder and rounder below my belly button in the past couple of weeks.

I'm glad it's nothing much to worry about. I can still feel the soreness when sat down though, hope it soon passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->