Sore nipples from pumping?

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
I'm pumping for my toddler while bfing my 8 week old, only problem is my nipples are getting a bit sore/burning while pumping. Is it the cone thing not fitting right or something? Seems a bit small for my large breasts and nipples. (I've got a medela swing) or is it just a long term pumping problem I have to put up with?

I have the medela pump in style and the standard shield that it came with was too small for me. It was the 24mm medium one - I have now got the 27mm large one and its much better although still slightly painful. You can buy them online - I got mine on Amazon :)

I agree that you need a bigger flange. I started on the 24, but after 4 months, I'm up to the 30 and wondering if I should go up to the biggest one. Apparently that can happen over time.

I would try a larger size "cone thing". I exclusively pump and I find that the soreness comes and goes. Right now they are not sore but last week they were very sore with blisters. I find this to be a never ending cycle. I use the 27mm "cone".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->