Sore On Top Of Uterus/Very Hard Bump

Essence

Due March 10, 2010!!!
Reaction score
I have two different things here, hehe..

Sore on top of uterus:
Two days ago the baby was moving stronger than usual, like it was changing position but ended up changing its mind or something because it stayed in the same position as it has been for a while (Head down, back along my left side as far as we can tell for the past twoish weeks) and I noticed the pain/soreness I am feeling got a lot worse than it had been ever since

The very top of my uterus, a few inches above my belly button, is very sore/tender/aching especially if I am standing up. To be honest, the entire inner-baby-hold as we call it is very very tender to the touch, as in I cannot take even the pressure of my husbands hand laying limp across it and I have to get him to support the weight of his arm/hand instead of laying it on it when he rubs my belly. Any idea what/why? Or, is this completely normal? I would say this has been going on for about 2 weeks (It was before the two weeks, but not nearly to this point)

Very hard bump:

Has anyone else noticed that their bump is absolutely solid? As in, when you poke it, the skin around it barely gives and it feels like you are pressing on a basketball that is fully inflated? Several people who have touched my bump comment on how solid it is, and I had just thought it was normal. I would say it has been this solid for as long as Ican remember through my pregnancy. Anyone else?

hi, i've had exactly the same as you, even a mad day when lo was moving loads,
i seen my miwife on wednesday, and basically the baby has flipped and is now breech. This is the reason for such a sore bump and how hard it's gone.

- i've always had a very hard bump too! midwife says it's because i'm 'all baby' and technically not carrying any fat i don't need. (not saying that people with soft bumps are fatties! haha) Also having a hard bump doesn't neccessarily mean you have a breech baby, mine is quite comfortable being head down and engaged since i was 28 weeks :)
hard bumps are very uncomfortable sometimes though, do you think? xxxxx

they are quite uncomfortable when they're like a brick lol.
i find mine gets harder as the day goes on.......strange lol.

Mine is (as my gran would say) as hard as a goat's knee. Baby seems to be lying in the same position as yours Essence, head down, back on my left side and I get really uncomfortable sometimes and just above my belly button gets sore to the touch. Isn't pregnancy weird sometimes, feels like your body is being taken over - which I guess it is xx

Ohh okay good so I am not the only one with a super solid, sore bump! Lol. It has been solid since I first started showing really early on in First Tri, and always tender to the touch but in the past month or so the 'tenderness' when touched is more of a sore ache-enough that I cant wear pajama pants unless they are riding super duper low in the front (And then belly hangs out if my shirt is too short! Ahahaha) . I noticed sitting down and leaning forward over my bump is painful too, such as at a table or on the couch! And hubby always feels bad when he lays the weight of his arm or hand on my belly because he forgets how painful it can be, but I always remind him it is okay rather than squealing and groaning like I feel like doing sometimes. I was really beginning to think something might be wrong but it is good to know that I am not the only one!

And how about when you are standing, does your bump feel like gravity has attacked it and is towing you down in the front? Lol! I notice when I am upright that my whole stomach feels like it is getting tugged down, and becomes more sore, but sitting leaning back, or laying on my back is the most comfy. And with Baby laying on my left side, I have had no issues with having to stay off my right side so that is nice. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->