Sorry bout the TMI thread...Itching..

Emsy26

Mum of 4 & Wife-To-Be xx
Reaction score
As you are aware, I've suffered thrush since 31 weeks, everything I have been prescribed hasn't worked.
Natural remedies...haven't worked. Loose cotton underwear, loose trousers, unscented baths...nothing is making it go away.
It's getting to the point now where I'm making myself bleed with itching....noticed an increase in discharge too.

Should I go back to docs or ring assessment unit see what they say or should I just carry on using the cream(only soothes it, not making it go away) til LO is born?

Please ladies I am desperate now xx

You need to get back to the doctors and demand a course of pessaries for a week to see if that gets down to it. If you have a chronic infection, then one pessary and cream wont be touching it. Dont let them fob you off with excuses - you are in considerable discomfort and cant go on like that! xxxx

I would go to the docs hun, if your itching till you bleed there must be something they can do xx

I would even ask if you will be able to delivery vaginally with such a serious case of thrush. And if so, could you be induced early. Sometimes your horomones/chemical imbalance will take several units of medication to clear it, or it may be you are one of those unlucky few that will suffer until after LO is born.

But definitely, see your OB/GYN and demand that something be done. Thrush is not a fun infection... pregnant or not. I have had it to the point of being raw/bleeding and I wasn't pregnant. I can only imagine how bad it is for you.

Good luck sweetie.

I've spoke to my doctor and my consultant at the hospital, they told me there is nothing they can do for me. Just to carry on with the cream...which I told them is not doing a damn thing :hissy:

Thankyou for your advice Ladies, but I guess like you said Ravelyn...I'm the unlucky one that has it til LO born xox
They did tell me if LO is born with it, it is easily treated after delivery, but majority of babies (being born by women with thrush) are born absolutely fine....so I guess that's the good part xx

Oh hun - I would be hopping with them....the cream wont be touching the actual infection. If you can afford it, I would be getting the pessaries from the chemist yourself. But as for your bubba, thrush is very easily treated in them and there shouldnt be any problems at all xxx

:hugs: oh hun, i remember in 2nd tri when i had thrush it was so frustrating i wanted to scream :hissy: You must be so fed up. Mine went on so long coz the doc would only give me cream so i seen a different doc who gave me the pessary too and it cleared right up. I agree that you should go to the chemist and buy your own if they won't give it you, it won't hurt to try. I hopw you get it sorted soon chick :hugs: xx

I have it now :(
Its not that bad right now but I have Canesten in to help.
Also natural yoghurt worked when I had it bad a few years ago,I was bleeding from it too.

Not fun at all hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"