Sorry for Gate Crashing...

bumphenders

Reaction score
Was just wondering if you ladies would be able to answer some of my questions that I'm curious about...

1. How soon after LO was born did you leave the hospital and go home?

2. How soon after LO was born did the pain stop?

3. How soon after LO was born did the bleeding stop/slow down?

4. How soon after LO was born did you go out for the first time?

5. How often during the night does your LO have a nappy change?

6. When did you pack you hospital bags & what did yous take/find useful?

7. Visitors? @ the hospital, @ home? When?

I know everyone is different but I just want a brief idea if anyone could help.
Thanks In advance :)

This is completely dependent on where you live and what type of birth you have, but for me, I had a EMCS so keep that in mind :)

1. How soon after LO was born did you leave the hospital and go home? He was born Thursday at 1:29am, we went home Sunday afternoon (3 days).

2. How soon after LO was born did the pain stop? Well... I was recovering from surgery, so the pain lasted longer than an uncomplicated vaginal birth would. Took about 3 weeks, then at 5 week pp the wound got infected and took another 2 weeks to heal...

3. How soon after LO was born did the bleeding stop/slow down? For me, it was much lighter than I expected. The first 3 - 4 days were somewhat heavy, then it was medium/light for about 3 weeks.

4. How soon after LO was born did you go out for the first time? Again, this is different since I couldn't walk easily. We went out whe LO was 10 days old, but cut the outing short because I wasn't feeling up to it.

5. How often during the night does your LO have a nappy change? I changed his diaper anytime he woke up in the beginning, but that was just because I assumed it was needed. Depending on how often your LO wakes and if it's JUST wet, you could change it 1 - 2 times (if it's dirty though, I'd change it every time). He's been STTN since 9 weeks so we don't change it anymore :)

6. When did you pack you hospital bags & what did yous take/find useful? I packed it at 32 weeks, but that was really early. One thing I wish I had known was to bring lots of LONG SLEEVED onesies or shirts. My LO was born in the summer, and I assumed it would be warm and he wouldn't need it. Apparently all newborns need long sleeves/long pants. Don't pack too much stuff though... your OH can always go home and get more if needed.

7. Visitors? @ the hospital, @ home? When? This is up to you. I had visitors at the hospital, but in hindsight I would limit visitors the next time. I was trying to learn how to breast feed (and didn't feel comfortable doing this in front of other people) and newborns don't have any schedule so there was no way to predict when he would feed next. Several times I made people wait outside in the hallway till I was done (they were all understanding though!). I would still let immediate family come though (assuming I was there for a longer period of time). We had a party at our home when LO was 9 days old and invited everyone at once to come, and I thought that was nice instead of having multiple visitors every night for weeks.

Hope this helps :flower:

ok il try my best, here goes:

I had to be induced to arrived at the hospital Monday evening, had Leo 11am the next morning and left at 11am the next day so spent 2 nights in total at the hosptial. one on my own and one with my baby

for me, i had a bit of tummy ache for a few hours after, like period pains. the worst pain was in my lady parts, it ached and stung for a couple of weeks. pouring warm water over it when peeing really helped with the stinging

my bleeding lasted about 4 weeks very heavy and then started to get lighter. it stopped completely at around 7 weeks. but everyone is different.

i went for a walk around my village the day after we brought him home but i couldnt walk very far. i took him into my work place when he was 9 days old because we were getting his birth certificate. we also went to visit family quite a lot. if i could turn back time i would definately have just spent the first couple of weeks chilling at home and letting people come to me.

when he was newborn i would change him after every feed. but now i put a clean nappy on him around 8pm and dont change it until the morning which is usually 6/7am. he never poos at night a changing his nappy just makes him wide awake and its hard to get him back to sleep.

i packed mine when i was about 37 weeks. i packed everything but the kitchen sink; ipod, nintendo ds,books, magazines but didnt have time to do any of that lol. id say the most important things are maternity pads, a lot of towells, loose comfy clothes and maybe a spare pillow. the first night in hospital i only had one!

i had leo at 11am and visiting time started at 3pm. this gave me time to get a shower and spend some time just the three of us. i wanted my mum to come up straight away so she came with my sister and brother in law at 3pm. after they left, my partners sisters came, and after they left my best friend popped in quickly. tbh i couldnt wait to show him off! the day we got home, my partners parents came and in the evening my mum came over. over the next few days we had a lot of visitors, which i didnt mind but i know some people like to be left alone.

just make sure that its always on your terms; if you dont feel up to it, dont feel bad about cancelling on people. i was also really lucky that every visitor we had was more that happy to wash up, make tea, do the hoovering etc.

the best piece of advise i can give is; be prepared for anything. i mean the labour, the first couple of weeks, everything. i had my birth planned out but as it turrned out i had to be induced and it was totally different, but totally amazing! i had baby blues quite bad and just didnt expect it, its normal and make sure you tell loved ones how you feel.

but most importantly, enjoy every second! its the most amazing experience you will ever have and you wont beleive that you can love a tiny little person so much! im actually getting quite emotional thinking about leo's birth! that moment when you first see them is magical, nothing will ever compare to it, it still gives me butterflies thinking about it.

anyway, sorry if thats too long! good luck and enjoy!xx

Thank you so much to both of you, I'm a little nervous about all this, with it being my first and I'm not with FOB, don;t think he'll be around tbh.

These have been a great help :)

:flow:

12 hours, they made sure LO was feeding and sent me home!

about 4 weeks for it to really stop cramping and stinging. But TBH even now if me and DH DTD a bit rough then it still aches.(2d degree tear)

4 weeks, stopped all together at 8

he was about a week old. It was only round the block but i was going crazy inside when it was like 27.c outside!!

he stopped having a night change at 10 weeks. When he stopped pooping all the time lol

i packed everything !! Lol but i only needed a change of clothes, my wash bag and baby bag.

no time at the hospital. At home was the 2d day my grandparents , about 1 week was my sisters and 3 weeks the rest of the family.

I had a home birth so was already at home :)

I think I had period type pains for a couple of days but can't remember properly now. I felt bruised and achy down below for a couple of weeks.

It had completely stopped within 2 weeks of giving birth.

We had to go out for her hearing screening when she was 4 days old.

Every 4 hours or so, but sometimes longer.

I packed a bag just incase my home birth didn't go ahead. I packed it at 36ish weeks.

I had her a 6am and we had visitors for the whole day, we were knackered! We told everyone to stay away the next day though so we could relax :)

4 days but that is a German thing.

I had no pain the next day and felt great. I managed not to tear at all though so that is probably why.

5 days of heavy and then 2 weeks of light bleeding (panty liner only).

We began taking LO for walks about a week PP.

0. Unless they poop, it isn't necessary.

I didn't realize I needed to bring a towel to the hospital so check before you go:dohh: if you need to bring your own . I realized I forgot mine after I was already in the shower. Water and juice for drinking. Lansinoh nipple cream- I wish I had started using it after the first feed. If you have a nursing pillow and plan on using one, I would bring it so they can help you get you set up and check the latch in the way you plan to feed at home.

I had visitors the next day in the hospital and it was nice. People know not to stay too long. What really helped was when people offered to bring a dinner, make a meal, etc I took them up on their offers.

5 days but only because I had emcs and we both had to have antibiotics and she had to go under the jaundice lamp

I was epiduralled up so it was all good, was a bit sore along my scar for about a week

It was never very heavy as they cleaned me out really well, but was stop/start at 5 weeks pp

Can't remember, those days are a blur, tbh

None any more, but we used to change her at every feed, so about 3 times

Packed at 38 weeks, nothing stood out as being particularly useful

Some friends and family came to see me in hospital and loads came while we were at home, maybe too many actually.

I went in on a Wednesday to be induced he was born early hours Friday went home Saturday afternoon.

About 3 weeks.

Slowed down at 3 weeks completely stopped at 5.

Think he was about a week old.

When he was newborn quite a few but now only once if he wakes during the night.

I packed at 30 weeks. Take lots of underwear, pad and pj's.

I had a few visitors at the hosp in the afternoon and when i went home next day even more. Wish i had more peace tbh lol

1. How soon after LO was born did you leave the hospital and go home? He was born Monday morning, went home Tuesday evening

2. How soon after LO was born did the pain stop? 2 Weeks, I had a 2nd degree cut and didn't relax at all so I think thats why it took long

3. How soon after LO was born did the bleeding stop/slow down? Slowed down after about 2 weeks, stopped about 5 weeks

4. How soon after LO was born did you go out for the first time? 4 days, had to go to the hospital because he had jaundice

5. How often during the night does your LO have a nappy change? I don't change him in the night now, but as a newborn I changed him every time he woke so 3-4hourly

6. When did you pack you hospital bags & what did yous take/find useful? I packed at 35 weeks, I found everything useful but my bikini.. Lol wanted to cover up in the birthing pool but wasn't allowed to use it coz I was so overdue

7. Visitors? @ the hospital, @ home? When? I didn't want visitors at the hospital, just had OH and Mum the day he was born and just OH the day we went home, but my dad came because he was driving us home. I didn't want visitors at home for at least a week, but I was at my mums and everyone kept inviting themselves round :(

I developed Strep B and Oliver wasnt very well so we were in hospital for 3 and a half weeks.

I had really bad back pain for around 5/6 weeks, I had a couple of stitches but they never really bothered me I think it depends on your pain threshold.

My bleeding slowed down and was hardly anything after around 4-5 days but I had that light bleeding for around 6/7 weeks

I went home a couple of nights but when we got him home we went out the day after so around 3 and a half weeks

Once or not at all

I was advised to pack mine around 34 weeks by my midwife. I found a spray bottle useful for OH to cool me down and I also found my pregnancy ball very useful. Comfy clothes and big knickers!

By the time I got home I just wanted to show him off to everyone but most people waited a week or so before they came and they made arrangements to visit so we were able to just have a couple at a time. In the hospital we just had family and my best friend

10hrs later

Three days suffered bad after pains, but this was my 5th ( and bloody last):haha:

Still bleeding 14 days since birth but lightly

Four days after to Asda, but not for long.

Every feed 2 hourly

Two days before i went into labour, not very organised :dohh:

Visitors at home same day

she had latching trouble so it was 36 hours later

immediately. i had medium tearing and it never bothered me at all.

slowed after 1 week, stopped completely after 4

the day after we got home

i changed her once a night until she stopped pooping at night (prob 2 months) and now don't change her unless i know its a dirty diaper, which is not very often

towel and travel size shower essentials, comfy pj's, disposable underwear, comfy pillow, snacks for after the birth.

i had lots of visitors at the hospital and then more when we got home. everyone was really good and i had no issues with visitors.

I had her at home so already there!

I didn't really have any pain down below although the afterpains every time she fed were a killer for a couple of days!

3/4 weeks? Can't really remember lol

I had her at 11.15pm on Thursday night and I took my son to school on the Monday morning

I've only ever changed her at night if she had pooed

6. When did you pack you hospital
bags & what did yous take/find useful?

I packed an emergency bag, can't remember when but I had stuff together before I packed properly.

First visitors were on the Friday, most were fine but had a couple who expected me to make them a cup of tea :growlmad:

48hrs

I had after pains for a couple of days and my stitches were sore for a couple of weeks when i went to the loo.

Was heavy for around 5/7 days but totally stopped by 3 weeks.

Went out for lunch at 6 days old.

Every feed, so just the once since he was a week old.

Comfy PJ's and underwear! Plenty of babygrows, i took 4 but he went through 3 on his first night as he was a bit sicky.

I had visitors at hospital the next day, i preferred this as they could only stay for a short time! When i got home people just kept inviting themselves round and it got a bit much one day when i'd been home 2 days and i had 11 visitors at once :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->