Sorry HUGE RANT.... bank charges

Shinning_Star

WTT for a possible no4???
Reaction score
first of all

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Stealing Feckin pond scum that banks are!

So I found out a few weeks ago bank charges have been found neither fair nor unfair, so the banks can continue to charge what they like for whatever they like. I was shocled when I saw this especially with everything else that banks have done over the last 12 months. You'd think they'd try and keep the british public happy! I have to say I think it's all a big scam they so called judge couldn't say it was illegal cos the banls would be forced to pay out billions of pounds and our country would be in a even bigger state,and dare I say, they let the banks carry on in order to grab the money back they they all alost!

SO I go to my account today £ 70.00 of charges for one unpaid dd that came out on the wrond day anyway! Sky seem to take money out when they feel like it but thats anothr rant! BUT 70 flippin pound how on fecks earth in todays climate can they justify this. It makes me sick and sooooooo
ANGRY

Just another flippin thing wrong with this bloody country, If my Mum would agree to immigrating with me I'd of done it a long time ago!

I'm all for supporting NHS etc, don't get me wrong, but banks wtf gives them the right to these bonus's they get when KEY WORKERS, NURSES, CARERS, TEACHERS get sweet FA.

Apologies but GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I somehow think I might try and go back to the days of keeping money under my bloody mattress!

firstly if sky have taken this dd before the date it states on your direct debit mandate then get copies of your bank statement and get on to them to reimburse yuo

secondly get to the bank and find out why the hell they have charged you £70 for this as i know they are extortionate charges going about but i have NEVER herard of a bank that charges £70 for one penalty
have they sent you a notice saying they were putting the cost of paying out a dd and making you overdrwan to £70? if not they cannot just raise the cost of it

i am with hbos, who used to charge you £39 for it, but they reduced it a while back to £15 which is much more reasonable - but a charge of £70 i would be calling citezens advice hun to check

????!

Even if you get the money back you don't get compensated for all the time it takes to sort their stupid mistakes out. It's so annoying - we've been in dispute with the PO over a phone charge since before we had our phone line with them and we have evidence that they are wrong that they sent to us... grrr!!!

Hope you get it sorted, it's the last thing you need at the moment :hugs: xxx

Not the Natwest by any chance is it? Their charges are now extortionate! They charge something like £15 for any unuathorised action and then £20 per day if that action takes you over your available cash limit.

Ridiculous

ah maybe i picked it up wrong there, i was reading the £70 was 'the' charge for it, not as a collection of charges mounting up

in that case i would definately check your payment date on direct debit mandate from sky, and also what date it tells you on bill, and what date it has been taken on previuos months - if they have caused this problem by taking money early then you are entitled to chase them for it back

Not the Natwest by any chance is it? Their charges are now extortionate! They charge something like £15 for any unuathorised action and then £20 per day if that action takes you over your available cash limit.

Ridiculous

I'm with natwest and I must have read the update wrong as a lot of the charges seemed better than before, as the upper monthly limits have come down - so they will charge you less overall. And you only get charged if you go over a certain amount - think its like £15.

Nope just went back and re read it - it is actually a LOT better than it was.

Ridiculous

I'm with natwest and I must have read the update wrong as a lot of the charges seemed better than before, as the upper monthly limits have come down - so they will charge you less overall. And you only get charged if you go over a certain amount - think its like £15.

Nope just went back and re read it - it is actually a LOT better than it was.

I actually read the charges wrong lol but it's now £15 per unauthorised payment plus £20 charge if these payments take you over your authorised overdraft. So effectively it's £35 minimum if you have a direct debit that takes you over your limit, we had 2 last month so will be charged £50 some time this month :(

Natwest told me when i went to the cashpoint i had 133 available funds so i assumed it was a backdated payment from tc or cb ... i spent alot more than intended too food shopping as i thought i had the funds.

When i checked online later in the evening it was apparant id now gone overdrawn there never was a lump sum payed into my acc.

I then recieved a letter saying i would be charged as i went into an unauthorised overdraft.

I intend to go to the bank and talk to someone no way am i paying charges for their mistake.

I got onto the bank abbey and they reimbursed me! Abbey to lowered their prices to 15.oo for unpaid direct debit and 5.00 for a unauthorised overdraft fee.
The charge was 35.00 for unpaid dd and 35.00 charge for unauthorised overdraft so they've doubles the unpaid dd charges and times the unauth overdraft fee by six times! There were two charges but for the same DD.

I have gotten onto sky and they don't know what is suppost to have happened as the date is the 27 on my account, but seeing as abbey reimbursed me there's nothign for them to pay!

I know abbey were good for reimbursing me, but how onn earh can they justify this kind of charge anyway. Note for future may well cancel all dd's and pay by card as I don't wanna risk 70.00 fee'sI can no way afford that, who can esp right now.

Unfortunately it is all legal too, as the charges have not been capped and been ruled as essential to british banking!

It's abs disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!

Natwest told me when i went to the cashpoint i had 133 available funds so i assumed it was a backdated payment from tc or cb ... i spent alot more than intended too food shopping as i thought i had the funds.

When i checked online later in the evening it was apparant id now gone overdrawn there never was a lump sum payed into my acc.

I then recieved a letter saying i would be charged as i went into an unauthorised overdraft.

I intend to go to the bank and talk to someone no way am i paying charges for their mistake.

Natwest are weird as my balance can change 3 or 4 times a day, with no transactions going in or out!

Lloyds tsb are an absolute joke.my OH got a letter explaining that on 4th Jan 2010,he will be charged £59 pound in bank charges-for being £2 over drawn on an unauthorised overdraft.Now first of all when he last checked his bank he had 4 pound or something left,then we bought something on ebay which turned into an e cheque-without us realising.It came out a few days after,then shortly after that he got a letter explaining he would be charged an amount per day he is overdrawn unless he put the £2 back in to take it back to normal within 5 days.We did this straight away and now getting charged £59 for the sake of £2, which shouldn't have gone overdrawn anyway seems he doesn't even have a bloody overdraft.Completely unfair imo and we certainly can't afford to pay £59 as all his money is eaten up with other bills,but if we don't pay it,it will increase.Grrr vicious cycle!!!! :'(

Yes LLoyds are crap!

When I was in hosp having Emma oh went overdrawn. It was £79 so fair enough he gets charges. and we get a letter about it - NO date given as to when they will come out. And it was at the v start of the month charging period (runds the 2/3rd to 2/3rd or something) Soin July nothing comes out - had it come out we had more than 4 times the amount to cover it.
Oh assumes(never assume with banks!!) it has come out so we use the money in there. then, at the start of August it comes out - leaving us £50 overdrawn!!! SO he gets charged AGAIN!!!

I told him to phone up and ask for one of the charges to be refunded as it was them that made us OD the 2nd time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->