Sorry I haven't been on in ages.

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by abi17, Nov 18, 2011.

1. abi17

abi17 Well-Known Member

Well I just wanted to let you all know that I had my little princess, Arabella joy on the 23rd October. Sorry it's took me so long too update but me and arabella haven't been very well since.
    Birth story plus recap
    As some of you know at 32 weeks Arabella was diagnosed with IUGR so we knew she was going too be little and it was possible would have problems with breathing, sucking and body temperature. I was told too monitor movement very carefully and if anything changed to go to the hospital and be monitored. This happened twice up until she was born, I was kept in hospital for a few days each time and given regular scans, doppler tests and ECGs, On the last ECG before I was discharged it showed arabellas heartrate dipping and raising but it was not enough to show concern.
    On the 21st October I attended my weekly consultant appointments and I was told were going to induce you the babies stomach has stopped frowning she's in distress. I really wanted a normal labour and the doctors understood this, it was agreed that if arabellas heartrate or movements decreased any more it would be an emergency c section.
    So at 1pm an hour after attending the ante-natal clinic the first pessery was inserted. 6 hours later I was checked again I was 1cm. So the following morning the second pessery was inserted and again I was checked later on, I was now almost 2cm but my cervix was too far back to break my waters. So the third pessery was inserted and I was checked that night, still no more progress. So I was nil by mouth from 12am in the preparation of a c section the following morning. The morning of the 23rd I was put on the monitor and they kept loosing arabellas heartrate so the doctor was called and it was agreed she was in distress and we had too get her out now. So the moment from when they told us she was born within the hour. We found out the cord was wrapped around her neck tightly twice and if she would of been born naturally she would not of been able too take her first breath so I'm really glad I had a c section and my little girl is here safe :) she was 5lb 3oz born and is up too 7lb now and is absolutely perfect and has no problems at all. She is still jaundice and we have too take her for more tests as the last test was high but were so blessed to have such a wonderful little girl in our lifes
    Abi and Arabella xx

2. HeatherElisex

HeatherElisex Mummy To Be

Ahh Congratulations! It must of been hard going through all that especially her being early! Im Glad your both well and hope your little girl carries on thriving and the test shows progress! Beautiful name you have choosen :flower:

3. abi17

abi17 Well-Known Member

Thanks heather, she was born at 37 weeks and 1 day in the end so it's not as early as many of us thought she is Still classed as a premature baby for some reason even though technically she was full term I think it might be because of her size although I'm not completely sure. I am asking the reasons why at her next appointment on Tuesday xx

4. HeatherElisex

Yeah it is probably because of her weight, I hope you get the answers though! Are you both doing okay now? x

5. KateyCakes

KateyCakes Mum to two!

Yay! I've already said congratulations but seeing your story in one block makes me think how lucky we are! Arabella is so so beautiful!

6. abi17

abi17 Well-Known Member

Yer I have a really bad soft tissue infection so I can't really move at the moment and arabella has colic and a virus but were both doing great and I love being a mummy, there nothing more satisfying in the world.
    I know katey, I feel lucky every day when I wake up and I know my little girl is safe and well and I know you feel the same. Its really strange as technically I could of still being pregnant now and instead my little girl is 4 weeks on Sunday xx

7. HeatherElisex

Ahh, i hope you both start to feel better soon! I no, I cant wait to experience being a mummy :flower: x

8. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

Congratulations! So glad she arrived alive and healthy! Probs classed as premature cos of her weight but at least she's putting on weight and catching up :) xx

9. trinaestella

trinaestella Aliyah's mummy! <3

Congratulations!! So glad to hear that everything is okay :flower: xxx

10. x.Mum2B.x

x.Mum2B.x Mummy To Kyreece-Jayden<3

Congrats :flow: glad to hear everything went well in the end

11. qwerry

qwerry mummy of a pink bump

Congratulations , must have been scary having her early, i had a scare not long ago when they thought she was going to come at 23 weeks but she stayed in, glad all is well now :D!
    xx