Sort of for a giggle... Help me out!

WhiteKhocol8

Reaction score
So I'm trying to stay light hearted as I wait, but if I could convince DH to start earlier, that'd be just super. :cool: so I thought - why not ask the clever bnb ladies for some comical interjections I can pair with my serious reasons to ttc sooner!

How did you talk your DH into ttc earlier?
What is the most creative reason you can think of?
What is the most humorous argument you can think of to put across?
What line would you like to use but can't?

All of us could do with a giggle so hit us with your best shot! :fool:

Here's my info....not sure if it will help.

I was desperate to start trying and honestly cried like a baby when my husband said we would have to wait til after our already booked holiday next year. I mean, thats like a WHOLE year away before even starting. Then got to start trying, which could take ages. We could be talking years here. Nope, nope, nope. Wasnt having it!!! lol.

I'll be honest with you - i managed to convince him whilst i had my legs wrapped round him haha. Did the whole 'but think of all the sex and fun we will have trying' it worked for me anyway. I'm now two days late (albeit with a negative test) and have my hubby fully on board now he see's how happy i am.

I hope this doesn't come across as a soppy, mushy or rude thing....but for me I don't understand the whole waiting game. We only have one life which we are supposed to live. I honestly believe i was born to be a mummy and thats what im doing. Yes i have a University education, i have a great job with good money. I didn't put off having children for it though. I actually lost my first whilst studying.

Why does your OH want to wait? Find out his reasons and maybe come to some other compromise??? If all else fails, bribe him with something :-D xxxx

Lol he says he isn't ready but he will be in 18 months (when we agreed to start trying). I recently worked out through some discussion with his best friends fiancée that he is holding off until they are trying for children too, which is not cool in my books. Financially it makes more sense for me to get pregnant and have our first before my contract runs out, as they will have to pay me for 12 weeks mat leave. If I lose my job at the end of next year, as I suspect I will, I won't have any guarantee of mat leave for several years. It's a frightening prospect.

Hence the need for lighthearted material! Gimme the funnies!

I hope this doesn't come across as a soppy, mushy or rude thing....but for me I don't understand the whole waiting game. We only have one life which we are supposed to live. I honestly believe i was born to be a mummy and thats what im doing.

I agree with this. My DH started freaking out saying we need to do this first, we need to get this done first etc etc. I was like, we are never going to get everything done we want to get done, if that was the case we would be waiting forever! It's not like you lose your whole life after you have kids, you can still do most things!

Also it was like my DH was thinking we have to have everything exactly perfect before we even TTC, I was like it will probably take a few months to get a BFP and then pregnancy lasts for 10 months, so it takes a while so better to start sooner rather than later, it doesn't happen overnight.

I said I want to have my first before I'm 30, no iffs or butts! So he finally agreed :happydance:

This month I have recently changed my status from WTT (until next spring) to TTC right now (Sept). Here is how I did it...

Casually brought up the idea of having kids over the last 6 months, no pressure, just get him used to the idea of having kids.

Picked next year as a comfortable date to TTC, after vacay, finances etc.. for the "perfect time" <---doesn't exist...

Kept teasing him about how he isn't getting any younger (I'm two years younger than him so its always fun to tease him about)

Spending a lot of time with our nieces and nephew who are 1 year, 2 years and 4 years old, and I brought up how nice it would be for our future child to be surrounded by cousins close in age!

But the thing that changed his mind was completely out of my control...

He just recently started going grey! He is only 28, its a silver grey and totally hot, he is a silver fox now but I think this was his turning point. Its like he woke up and realized he isn't 16 anymore. Its a good thing he went prematurely grey or I would be waiting a long time for a baby.. :haha:

I'm very lucky though, I was able to convince him without much convincing... just a bit of good ol' teasing and fun and voila! :happydance:

He knew that it was best if I came off the pill so that I could let my body go back to normal, so that part he was ok with but we were still going to wait a few months.

Quite simply, I told him that if he didnt want a baby yet, he would have to use other protection, after about a week of that, he didnt care anymore and we were pregnant a few months later lol.

He knew that it was best if I came off the pill so that I could let my body go back to normal, so that part he was ok with but we were still going to wait a few months.

Quite simply, I told him that if he didnt want a baby yet, he would have to use other protection, after about a week of that, he didnt care anymore and we were pregnant a few months later lol.

Haha love it! We have the opposite situation going on, but the whole other protection thing comes in to play and we say screw it. If it happens it happens and it's only a couple months before our TTC date anyway.

My dad's girlfriend told me that when she was with her ex husband and she wanted babies, she went off the pill without telling him right before they took a trip to Mexico. She fell pregnant on the trip and she told him "It must have been the water there!"

Don't actually do that, though. Really, dont.

I hope this doesn't come across as a soppy, mushy or rude thing....but for me I don't understand the whole waiting game. We only have one life which we are supposed to live. I honestly believe i was born to be a mummy and thats what im doing.

I agree with this. My DH started freaking out saying we need to do this first, we need to get this done first etc etc. I was like, we are never going to get everything done we want to get done, if that was the case we would be waiting forever! It's not like you lose your whole life after you have kids, you can still do most things!

Also it was like my DH was thinking we have to have everything exactly perfect before we even TTC
, I was like it will probably take a few months to get a BFP and then pregnancy lasts for 10 months, so it takes a while so better to start sooner rather than later, it doesn't happen overnight.

I said I want to have my first before I'm 30, no iffs or butts! So he finally agreed :happydance:

^^^ this was me, all over. OH was ready, I kept pushing it back. This was 2 years ago now. We had set a date to ttc, reached that date, and I freaked out. Naming all the things we still had to do etc. But at the same time, I was broody as hell. I knew we were ready to have a baby, but part of me kept looking for that 'perfect time'. It doesn't exist!

We now have a nearly 11 month old daughter, and I couldn't imagine life without her. She is the best thing that has ever happened to us.

We've spoken about ttc #2 over the past few month. Just discussing what sort of age gap we'd like. OH had originally said he'd like to start trying when DD turns 2, I wanted her to be closer to 3 when the new baby arrives but figuring that ttc can take a little while, I agreed to this date. This would mean ttc September/October 2015.
This weekend we stayed with friends, OH decided to drop the bombshell that he'd like to start trying in January. That'd mean, if we were to fall straight away, we could even end up with 2 under 2 (for a month). I'm not sure I'm ready for that! So here we are again, in the same position, again.

Not quite what you asked I know, but I thought I'd give an insight from the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->