South Beach Diet anyone?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried it or is on it and how it has worked for you?

i did it for a few months and lost 30lbs ages ago before I was pregnant. It was ok but I got bored. I cant eat eggs and breakfast was a real issue as you cant eat fruit for the first 2 weeks i think it is and after its really limited cos fruit has carbs.

Yeah..its def gonna be hard but I think I just need an extreme kick in the ass lol....I love carbs..I mean I eat protein and stuff too but carbs are the one thing I just love love love...and I think I might need a carb detox like the south beach diet just to get over them and be able to get it out of my system and move on the better for me foods... oh and congrats on your weight loss!!!

I dont think cutting carbs soo low or totally out like some diets is good, can get very unhealthy side effects.
Why dont you monitor your carb intake for 1 week, then reduce it by 1/4, if nothing then try another 1/4.
Carbs are good, great source of energy, obv fruit is very good for you so cutting out fruit because it has carbs in isnt a great idea.
Wholegrain/wholemeal is best carbs :)

Try myfitnesspal, like say track food for a week see what your consuming a day, take it from there.
All the best.

Hi ladies . I did the diet about 5 years ago when I was 21. I was not overlly big (say a size 10-12 and I'm very tall) and already went to the gym 5 times a week at the time.

Anyway I did the diet for two weeks and carried on exercising as usual, and passes out on the treadmill!! Please note the diet says not to exercise!!!!

I was previously a size 14 and did rosemary to get down to that size. I kept it off for about two years. I am now dieting again as over the years I have crept up to a size 16, and I'm doing calorie restriction.

In the long run no other diets work for me. I an often travelling for work or have family and friend commitments out so diets like southbeach are imossible to follow. Also having rejoined the gym I would put that first as it really doesmake a difference to how you look and feel.

Good luck, whatever you decode to do. Xx

If you adopt SB as a lifestyle and not a diet it is not terrible.

SB starts off with a 2 week induction plan which is quite strict and then introduces carbs back slowly for long term maintenance..the problem is that many people are desperate to lose weight, do not follow the program, and try to continue the 'crash' induction long-term which always backfires.

If you follow it properly, to a T, and follow the proper meal plans (which are outlined in the book), then no, it's quite fine.

Some good info:
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110
https://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/

But you need to follow it properly and not do what most people do - which is try their own version that ends up in disaster

Good luck. I have not done it myself but I have read the book inside & out, have done many of the recipes. I do not follow a "diet", I do my own calorie counting. It's a very reasonable plan. And anyone who knows me here, knows I hate fad diets lol so I wouldn't recommend it just for the hell of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->