Soy and fertility

floridafamily

Reaction score
I eat products that contain soy a lot. Not because I'm vegetarian, but I have a lactose and gluten intolerance. Most of the foods that do not upset my stomach contain soy (soy milk, soy baking mixes, etc). Well I came across a few articles last night that said that this can hurt fertility. This has me very worried now. This is my ovulation week. I've currently decided to stop eating this for fear that it would hurt my TTC chances.

Does anyone here know much about this? I found it strange to read since I've read that people take soy tablets to help with fertility. Does any of the more knowledgeable members have any input on this subject. Should I be concerned?

soy is reach in phytoestrogens which are vegeterian estrogen and that hormone is one of the major hormones that affects fertility so sure soy may affect fertility. soy tablets that aids fertility are taken only 5 days like clomid in which days increased estrogen is good for egg production but if u take it more than that it may interfere with ovulation. as for soy products safety during ttc i do not know exactly.

Thanks for your input. I plan to find alternative food products without soy from now on. Since I was unaware of this until last night, I'm hoping that it has not hurt my TTC efforts for this month.

I did the same hun... I was on a strict diet for a while and soy milk was an option (other than cow milk)- but read an article about soy and TTC... so I switched to Almond or Rice milk. And honestly, I like it better.

I also avoid wheat (not for fertility reasons though- but because I have a sensitivity to it). Good thing there are so many other options out there ;)

I'm sure you didn't hurt your chances this month though- there are SO many factors involved besides diet. But it's nice to feel like we are doing all we can.

Best of luck hun!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->