Soy Cycle Buddies 2019 <3 1BFP on second soy cycle 2 BFPs Non-soy cycle

Tesh23

Reaction score
Anyone trying soy currently or planning on trying Soy for their next cycle?

AF is due on Monday for me and I will be starting my second month of Soy on cd2 until cd6! Haven’t decided on the dosage yet...

Tesh, tell me about soy cycles! I have never heard of them.

So similar to clomid!! :) What CDs are you taking yours? I am so ready to start my next round. I am still spotting and cramping, has not been a normal cycle at all.

Ah man... that sounds like being in limbo :( so you haven’t officially started cd1 yet?

I am prob gonna do 2-6 again (160mg for the 5 days - should be equivalent to 80mg of clomid.

My cycles are bang on regular and I do ovulate on my own so thankfully soy hasn’t ever messed up my cycle. Monday AF should be here so I will prob start from Tuesday with the soy!

Well thats a good thing! I am jealous, wish I could ovulate on my own. I have such a terrible hormone imbalance from being on BC years and years ago. Completely messed me up. I do not have cycles on my own at all anymore, which means I dont ovulate. But we are calling this a cycle. It's a weird one for sure, still having some spotting, but only had a steady withdrawal bleed for one day. So so strange. But we are going to say this was a 20 day cycle so I ordered an IC OPK on Amazon. It arrived today and I am already testing with it. Ovulation predictor says I should ovulate already early to mid next week (SO WEIRD!!) We are going to try though while we wait to start the Clomid cycle, might as well since we will not begin it until next Friday. If I get a positive OPK on my own I will probably cry because like I said it just does not happen lol

Our Clomid cycle is going to be 200 mg. I was excited for my OB to start me on that high a dose since I am switching from Letrozole. We got pregnant with baby #1 on Clomid so I am hopeful!!!

Has AF arrived yet for you?! I've been thinking of you! Hope she stays far away!

Today should techincally be day 4 since the bleeding/spotting started on Wednesday. If this is AF! :)

Well thats a good thing! I am jealous, wish I could ovulate on my own. I have such a terrible hormone imbalance from being on BC years and years ago. Completely messed me up. I do not have cycles on my own at all anymore, which means I dont ovulate. But we are calling this a cycle. It's a weird one for sure, still having some spotting, but only had a steady withdrawal bleed for one day. So so strange. But we are going to say this was a 20 day cycle so I ordered an IC OPK on Amazon. It arrived today and I am already testing with it. Ovulation predictor says I should ovulate already early to mid next week (SO WEIRD!!) We are going to try though while we wait to start the Clomid cycle, might as well since we will not begin it until next Friday. If I get a positive OPK on my own I will probably cry because like I said it just does not happen lol

Our Clomid cycle is going to be 200 mg. I was excited for my OB to start me on that high a dose since I am switching from Letrozole. We got pregnant with baby #1 on Clomid so I am hopeful!!!

Has AF arrived yet for you?! I've been thinking of you! Hope she stays far away!

Aw hun so sorry you’ve had to go through all this...

Maybe the very short luteal phase meant your lining did not have time to thicken as much? Hence the very light bleed? But it’s awesome that you’re on cd5 already (can’t wait for the first week to start and be over already!) and that you will hopefully ovulate soon!! Praying that you are able to ovulate your own this cycle. Not to get your hopes up but I’ve heard stories of ppl falling pregnant while waiting to start clomid. I think it’s more relaxed because you know that in the next month there is that hope of clomid, esp since it’s worked for you before.

That’s the reason I’m trying soy again as I conceived on my second cycle of it.

AF is due to arrive tomorrow, I’m very regular with exactly a 12 day luteal phase. I ovulated two/three days early this month so my cycle should only be 24 instead of 26/27 days. So far no AF cramps just those same pokes and twinges above pubic bone and ovaries, and light brown cm. I do get brown spotting just before AF arrives so definitely expecting her tomorrow. Other than that my boobs are heavier than normal and I noticed a white drops of milk on my nipples last night (sorry for tmi lol never ever had that ever since I stopped breastfeeding my ds two years ago). Easy to symptom spot but a lot of it could be because of the soy I took... that’s what I think.

Keeping you in my thoughts :flower:

Aw hun so sorry you’ve had to go through all this...

Maybe the very short luteal phase meant your lining did not have time to thicken as much? Hence the very light bleed? But it’s awesome that you’re on cd5 already (can’t wait for the first week to start and be over already!) and that you will hopefully ovulate soon!! Praying that you are able to ovulate your own this cycle. Not to get your hopes up but I’ve heard stories of ppl falling pregnant while waiting to start clomid. I think it’s more relaxed because you know that in the next month there is that hope of clomid, esp since it’s worked for you before.

That’s the reason I’m trying soy again as I conceived on my second cycle of it.

AF is due to arrive tomorrow, I’m very regular with exactly a 12 day luteal phase. I ovulated two/three days early this month so my cycle should only be 24 instead of 26/27 days. So far no AF cramps just those same pokes and twinges above pubic bone and ovaries, and light brown cm. I do get brown spotting just before AF arrives so definitely expecting her tomorrow. Other than that my boobs are heavier than normal and I noticed a white drops of milk on my nipples last night (sorry for tmi lol never ever had that ever since I stopped breastfeeding my ds two years ago). Easy to symptom spot but a lot of it could be because of the soy I took... that’s what I think.

Keeping you in my thoughts :flower:
That could be! I never even thought of that. Would make complete sense for the shortened/light bleed. OYes it would be amazing. I am praying hard that I ovulate on my own. I am not going to be surprised if I don't since I don't normally, but the fact that AF started on its own makes me a little more hopeful. What's crazy is my cervix is already starting to raise and get soft, even noticing a change in cm already. We BD'd last night after the crappy week and went out for a really nice dinner together. So one time down lol Trying to convince him that I think the big O is near already. I am testing with my IC OPK. I am a bit confused. Do you use them at all? I have had a faint line both yesterday and today. The box says that means no LH surge, but I wonder if the fact that it is showing means I may be close? I am used to using the ones that say yes or no, so the lined ones are new to me.
How strange is it that your boobs are feeling heavy and leaking milk? Wonder if that could be a good sign?!! AHHH I am praying for you!! I so wish my cycles were regular like yours! I think it is amazing that you know exactly when you're going to ovulate and expect AF.

BTW, I am still cramping, so so strange.

That could be! I never even thought of that. Would make complete sense for the shortened/light bleed. OYes it would be amazing. I am praying hard that I ovulate on my own. I am not going to be surprised if I don't since I don't normally, but the fact that AF started on its own makes me a little more hopeful. What's crazy is my cervix is already starting to raise and get soft, even noticing a change in cm already. We BD'd last night after the crappy week and went out for a really nice dinner together. So one time down lol Trying to convince him that I think the big O is near already. I am testing with my IC OPK. I am a bit confused. Do you use them at all? I have had a faint line both yesterday and today. The box says that means no LH surge, but I wonder if the fact that it is showing means I may be close? I am used to using the ones that say yes or no, so the lined ones are new to me.
How strange is it that your boobs are feeling heavy and leaking milk? Wonder if that could be a good sign?!! AHHH I am praying for you!! I so wish my cycles were regular like yours! I think it is amazing that you know exactly when you're going to ovulate and expect AF.

BTW, I am still cramping, so so strange.

Aw... that sounds lovely. It’s great to have some one on one alone time to take your mind of things, even better that you got to dtd :happydance:

I used to use the ic ovulation sticks but I found it to confusing for me. I use the cb digital ovulation stocks that give you a smiley face when it detects lh surge. Like the yes and no. I think a second line of it’s lighter than the control, means no lh surge but getting closer. The test line has to be as dark as or darker than the control for it to mean lh surge. Tricky little things those ovulation sticks!

No more leaking today :haha: so strange though. Just having a sort of watery brown discharge now but no cramps yet. Praying that if she is gonna show she comes bang on time tomorrow! Yes it’s nice to have regular cycles I am very grateful. Tomorrow’s temp should let me know hopefully!

Gah!! That's so nerve wrecking lol! Keep me posted if she stays away!!

I sure hope the IC faint lines mean it is close!! I was reading that you should test twice a day between 11 am and 2 pm and again between 5pm and 10 pm. Says not to test with first morning urine (had no idea of that and had been using previous tests in the am!) I am praying this happens at least the ovulation!!

Definitely test twice a day from now! So u don’t miss the surge. Lh is better detected in the afternoon/evening is what they say.

So AF arrived right on schedule today, so I get to start my soy tomorrow :) I think I may do 200mg for all 5 days (equivalent to 100mg of clomid)

Also going to dtd from day 10 until after confirmed O. Going to use my soft cup this cycle which I didn’t get to use last cycle. Also started my cocktail of D3, folic and omega 3 hehe. And hope for the best.

How are things going with you?

I thought it is cd1 today but it’s now almost 5pm and it’s still brown spotting just darker brown... curiosity made me check my cervix and it’s really high softish and closed? It’s usually low during AF. And I don’t have any cramps.

Sigh... don’t know what is going on. Was really hoping today was cd1 so I can start my soy soon :( did a hpt yesterday and it was a clear bfn.

Definitely test twice a day from now! So u don’t miss the surge. Lh is better detected in the afternoon/evening is what they say.

So AF arrived right on schedule today, so I get to start my soy tomorrow :) I think I may do 200mg for all 5 days (equivalent to 100mg of clomid)

Also going to dtd from day 10 until after confirmed O. Going to use my soft cup this cycle which I didn’t get to use last cycle. Also started my cocktail of D3, folic and omega 3 hehe. And hope for the best.

How are things going with you?
You definitely have a cool concoction it sounds like!! What is a soft cup?!! Very curious! Are you taking prenatals too or just the 3 vitamins during your cycle?

I just read your post below too. So you are not sure if AF has arrived? Dang it :( Maybe it is just a little late this time. But what's strange is that your cervix is still high and soft. Maybe you are PG and the HCG levels just aren't showing yet. How many DPO are you now?

My cycle was so short this time. Ended on Saturday, absolutely no bleeding now. My cervix is starting to go up and soften, BUT cm is still pretty sticky, but clear. I am thinking my 20 day cycle was a flop. Going to call OB today to let them know the PG tests I have taken since Friday have all been negative. I don't even think it's necessary to get a beta blood test done on Friday since I already no it's going to come back negative. I am like you, just want to start my next round already. I have to take provera for 10 days and then wait another 5-7 for AF to arrive before my real cycle will even begin. Feels like forever. I feel like I am at least a month away before the next O. I hope to God that switching to Clomid this time does the trick!!

Last edited:
A
You definitely have a cool concoction it sounds like!! What is a soft cup?!! Very curious! Are you taking prenatals too or just the 3 vitamins during your cycle?

I just read your post below too. So you are not sure if AF has arrived? Dang it :( Maybe it is just a little late this time. But what's strange is that your cervix is still high and soft. Maybe you are PG and the HCG levels just aren't showing yet. How many DPO are you now?

My cycle was so short this time. Ended on Saturday, absolutely no bleeding now. My cervix is starting to go up and soften, BUT cm is still pretty sticky, but clear. I am thinking my 20 day cycle was a flop. Going to call OB today to let them know the PG tests I have taken since Friday have all been negative. I don't even think it's necessary to get a beta blood test done on Friday since I already no it's going to come back negative. I am like you, just want to start my next round already. I have to take provera for 10 days and then wait another 5-7 for AF to arrive before my real cycle will even begin. Feels like forever. I feel like I am at least a month away before the next O. I hope to God that switching to Clomid this time does the trick!![/QUOTE

My cycle was so short this time. Ended on Saturday, absolutely no bleeding now. My cervix is starting to go up and soften, BUT cm is still pretty sticky, but clear. I am thinking my 20 day cycle was a flop. Going to call OB today to let them know the PG tests I have taken since Friday have all been negative. I don't even think it's necessary to get a beta blood test done on Friday since I already no it's going to come back negative. I am like you, just want to start my next round already. I have to take provera for 10 days and then wait another 5-7 for AF to arrive before my real cycle will even begin. Feels like forever. I feel like I am at least a month away before the next O. I hope to God that switching to Clomid this time does the trick!!

A soft cup is a menstrual cup, I use it after bd to keep all the soldiers in and as close to where they need to be without leaking out hehe. I will only be taking my concoction but if I get a bfp will continue with prenatal and omega 3. I’ve got dh on the concoction too :)

Spotting has turned slightly more reddy so thinking soy may have increased my luteal phase by a day! Hoping she is here by tomorrow so I can get things moving. If my temps stay up I may test but I really doubt I’m pregnant as we only dtd twice as well. I am 13 dpo today with no AF show today.

It’s so exciting that you may be ovulating soon! I think the flop cycle may actually make u ovulate on your own. Well here’s hoping it does. Is the beta test mandatory? I have high hopes for your clomid cycle if u don’t get your BFP this cycle, especially since it’s done the trick before!

I’m taking today as cd1 as I had a major temp drop! Yay. No proper cramping or clots yet but it looks much more teddy brown.

I think it’s the soy that added on an extra day to my lp, I remember vaguely that my periods were milder on my first round of soy last time too.

How are your ovulation tests going? Have they gotten any darker?

Good!! Why does this all have to be so confusing? lol

No LH Surge yet. Boooo. But I am testing twice a day, once around noon and again early evening. I have noticed it is darker in the evening. I noticed a small change in cm last night, so stringy ewcm, so hopefully I am close. Still thinking I am not going to ovulate on my own just because it doesn't happen for me. But we will see!

I am actually waiting for my nurse from the OB's office to call back right now because she wanted me to update her if the bleeding ever started again. I think I just had a very short cycle, Wednesday through Saturday. Would make sense for what you suggested earlier about my lining not being thick enough, which it probably wasn't since my last AF stopped just ten days prior to this one starting.

Keep me posted on yours! I was googling Clomid success stories yesterday because I am so interested again lol. I was a clomid success story with my first! Also, didn't know this, but I heart Clomid can make your cycles more regular and potentially help you O on your own. I think it did that for us and that is possibly why it was easy conceiving our second son on our own by NTNP. And there are several stories of that too, post clomid babies, and then women getting pregnant on their own with their next child. Pretty interesting!

How are you doing today?! Do you start your soy today or tomorrow?

So I talked to my OB today. We have a plan in place. I am a bit nervous about it because I always thought you take Clomid and other fertility meds while actually on AF. But we are starting Clomid on Monday next week, 200 mg and the dexamethasone. He is going to call that CD 3. I asked why we were not going to start with the provera and they said the Clomid with the steroid will stimulate ovulation. I go in for an ultrasound on Feb. 28th and as long as I have a good size follicle, we will trigger again.

How was your day? Did AF finally come in full force? Did you start your soy?

Hey hun :wave:

So you’re starting clomid next week?! I also thought you take it during AF. Are you temping at all? Would be interest to more what your temps were during your short bleed/AF. Also how are the OPKs coming along? I know you mention that you may be close to ovulation- I think just keep tracking it for now before Monday comes and then update doc.

So AF showed up yesterday yay! She just took her time getting here. It was just one day late which isn’t bad actually. So today was cd2 for me and I am going to take my first dose of soy tonight - I take it at night before bed so I don’t have any side effects (headache, nausea etc). Started my vit concoction 3 days ago too. Really feeling good for this cycle. If no bfp this cycle I will do a soy free cycle next and take a break from soy. It’s just so tempting because like clomid for you, it’s worked for me before. Just going to bd as much as possible this cycle as we only managed twice last cycle.

I think either way, you will definitively ovulate this month so that’s a good thing right?! I would love a November baby. Ds was born 2 days after his dads birthday I would love a November baby as my birthday is in November. Lol

I have heard that clomid can actually regulate your cycles for sure! I have even read that it increases progesterone production naturally in your luteal phase because of the increase in estrogen and stronger ovulation- the corpus luteum ends up secreting more progesterone.

I so hope this is our month!!!!

Girl, I hope so too!! So happy to hear AF finally made her appearance for you! So you are officially in a new cycle, woohoo!! Keep me posted on how the soy is working for you!! Taking it at night is probably a good idea!

I do not temp, it's never worked for us, BUT I am charting my CM/CP and it's still pretty soft and high. CM hasn't changed very much BUT is starting to get some EW consistency to it. I am still doing the OPKs and they are getting a bit darker, just not dark enough to be considered O. I plan to continue testing until Monday just in case we do, but worse case scenario, we start the Clomid on Monday and hopefully it will be a success in making me O this time. I was doing so much research on the whole Clomid without a Period last night and seems to be more common than I thought. I tried posting a new thread about it here, but I guess no one on the forums currently has experienced it lol

I hope it is our month too! November is the best month! I am also a November baby! :) November 30th! Wouldn't that be so sweet to share a birthday month with one of our own? And next month is St. Patricks Day, so maybe we will both be the luck of the Irish and get our BFPs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->