Soy For Quicker Ovulation?

stuckinoki

2 Sticks A Butter Ya'll
Reaction score
I'm one Clomid and not ovulating until CD18/19/20, I heard that Soy can help make you ovulate sooner.

Is there any truth to this?

Do any of you ladies have any tips, tricks, information or advice about it?

Any help is greatly appreciated...I'm so tired of my 36-38 day cycles :cry:

I don't usually ov til cd17, that's just my body.

I considered doing soy this cycle. But I read an article that it can affect absorption of thyroid medication and I have hypothyroidism. I really don't want to mess with that!

Honestly, I've heard women mention it, but all of the articles I could find on the web, listed how soy can hinder conception as opposed to help. So, I don't know, sorry.

Any mineral can affect levothroxine's uptake [calcium/vitamin D/selenium/ or anything along those lines]

If you take them at opposite times a day it wouldn't be a problem.

Levothyroxine first thing in the morning [which they suggest anyway]
Soy etc at night before bed.

I have Hashimoto's Disease and Hypothyroidism as well, and I have grilled my doctor about this on numerous occasions and the answer is always the same...I trust him, so that's my plan this next cycle :)

Steady.
TSH 5.9-6.9 [too high for Hashitmoto's]
T4 .88-1.04 [they don't want me to bump up any higher for fear of turning my hyper]

I'm on 125mcg Levothryoxine right now.

[Though to be honest, they just recently told me not to take it with a mineral [I didn't know and had been taking it at night with my calcium!]; so hopefully at my next blood draw it will be down even further! My RE told me that I don't stand much of a chance of getting and staying pregnant until my TSH is under 2.0...

I tried soy and it delayed my ovulation to cd 21! I'm on clomid for the 1st time this cycle and ovulated on cd 14. Only thing is I had hardly any ewcm with clomid where I had a fair bit with soy! Try soy for 1 month and see how it goes? Lots of ladies have had luck with bringing ov forward. Also a good handful of bfps too! Xx

Steady.
TSH 5.9-6.9 [too high for Hashitmoto's]
T4 .88-1.04 [they don't want me to bump up any higher for fear of turning my hyper]

I'm on 125mcg Levothryoxine right now.

[Though to be honest, they just recently told me not to take it with a mineral [I didn't know and had been taking it at night with my calcium!]; so hopefully at my next blood draw it will be down even further! My RE told me that I don't stand much of a chance of getting and staying pregnant until my TSH is under 2.0...

Eek! That is really high. You feel crummy?

Mine just went from 1.6 in October to 3.67 in May. I'm guessing that's why I'm not pregnant yet. My TSH has to be perfect to be pregnant. My T4 was 1.2, and I bumped up just slightly. I was on 75mcg and now I'm rotating 75 one night and 88 the next. Although, we'll see what the endocrinologist has to say about that. Honestly, I haven't seen one in years, I've been letting my ob/gyn manage it.

If they won't bump you, and they say you won't get pregnant. . . then what? It's kind of a pickle.

No, they've been bumping me, but 150mcg is as high a dosage as they will give me [for legal reasons] and they won't remove it, even though it would be easier to control and with the Hashimoto's the thyroid is eventually going to die and need to be removed.

I've got military doctors...and my PCM is always changing since the PCS so frequently..Hopefully when we get back to the states we'll be able to see one doctor instead of a new one every few months.

I feel crummy all the time. Exhausted, my joints hurt, severe muscle fatigue, weight gain, straw hair, crazy acne...etc...it sucks but they don't want to make me hyper because it would be bad for my heart [though I think it would help me lose some of this weight] I get checked every 4 weeks for progress but so far there's not been much. I'm down to 5.9 and nobody seems to care that 5.9 is still wicked high :(

I tried soy for two cycles from cd3-7 and it delayed my ovulation by a day or so...nothing more. And nothing else happened, other than the last month AF was early and I had some midcycle bleeding at DPO10. That was when I was taking 200mg of soy though each day.

I didn't get pregnant though on either cycle :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->