Soy isoflavones and endometriosis?

candypanda

Reaction score
Hiya! anyone know if this combination is OK?

I've read lots of mixed reviews...I can cope if my endometriosis gets a bit more painful..i just don't want it to negatively impact my chances of ovulating!

Thank you !!

If you have endometriosis I would take vitamins that are specific to that diagnosis. I too have endometriosis and the things that will help with overall healthy fertility for endo is French maritime pine bark ( Pygonecol), coq10 600mg all at once....take some pqq with that as well & then Pharmaceutical grade fish oil on high doses. All of these things have been clinically proven. You should also take folate and not folic acid.

I think 30% of women with endometriosis have problems with blood clotting, so tiny clots can form in your uterus. No big deal normally, but when a tiny tiny blastocyst ( baby) is trying to implant it could be problematic. My doctor has me on lovenox and baby aspirin, but until you know if you have issues for sure, then I would take some baby aspirin.

If you have trouble further down the line ( god forbid), send me a message on here. The same 30% of women that have endometriosis also have bigger problems that require special treatment to get pregnant but you may because 70% of those with endo don't have it bigger issues.

Best of luck xxx

Ideally, you should try soy isoflavones only if you ovulate irregularly or not at all. Don't use them if you have any health issues that could be made worse. Though, there are many stories where soy isoflavones have helped some women, they do the same thing that Clomid does. However, many experts believe, the type of oestrogen in soy actually makes endo worse which is why you should avoid it. Minimizing your intake of oestrogen from outside sources, such as commercially raised animal foods could be more beneficial. Eat soy foods such as tofu which are rich in plant oestrogens and seem to block more harmful forms of oestrogen. Few studies also proved that Dietary isoflavones may in fact reduce the risk of endometriosis. So there’s no confirmed data available.
How about Agnus castus, which is also known as natures Clomid? It works on your prolactin levels which then support ovulation and the luteal phase which relies on hormones to sustain a pregnancy once an embryo has developed.

Do you have endo on your ovaries / anything to suggest it's interfering with ovulation? If not then I wouldn't bother. I've always avoided soy because of the endo, don't think I could bring myself to try isoflavones but then my pain can be quite crippling and I seem to be really sensitive to any hormonal increases / changes xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"