Soy isoflavones dosage

victoria1987

Reaction score
Hi there, cycle #5 of ttc #2 and I have decided to try soy iso this month as I'm pretty sure my ovulation is all out of whack since having my DS.

My question here is that I purchased a bottle of SI which I thought were 50mg but when I got home I looked at the bottle and saw:

Soy isoflavone extract 50mg
total isoflavone content: 13.8mg

Now do I take them as though they are 50mg (ie. 3 pills for 150mg) or do I take them as though they are 13.8mg. I was thinking I would take 10 which would be 138mg isoflavones, but I am scared that it will turn out that I am taking 500mg and destroy my cycle or do permanent damage. I should also mention that it says for women taking it for menopause to take 7 pills per day.

What should I do??

Does it only say to take 7 doesn't give guidance for anything else?

I used red clover tablets it's what iso f is extracted from. And it does work can't vouch for the iso bit but red cover helped me conceive twice after fixing my body after bcp.

But having read the difference between them both it isn't wise to take too much as because you are using just the iso f not the whole plant too much isn't good for reproduction. I would go for the 50mg.

I have to add if I were uni would return it and get red clover Google it for increased fertility. It prepares your body nd can even help prevent mc. You get more goodness from the whole plant. Just thought I'd say since I know it works. Good luck what ever you do x

You go by the content amount not the extract amount. I took them for the first time the cycle we conceived our son and like you my cycle has been out of wack after 2+ years of breastfeeding. I had a MC last month and think I'm going to take soy again if AF ever starts

Thank you for your answers. I did end up taking it based on total isoflavones so thank you for the reassurance! On cd6 now so last day!

I would take it as 50 x 3 150 I would also do something like 100 100 125 150 & 150 good luck Hun we conceived with this baby on our 3rd round of soy wish you all the best xx

Thank you for your answers. I did end up taking it based on total isoflavones so thank you for the reassurance! On cd6 now so last day!

Good luck!!

Afm im still waiting to ovulate and start a cycle since the MC last month to start my soy. (Hopefully I won't need it but am prepared if I do!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->