I am TTC #2 have irregular cycles so far since August 2012 my cycles have been

44 days
37 days
37 days
67 days
34 days
84 days
58 days

I am on cd 42 today and that's my period started. So would I be better with soya Isoflavones or agnus castus.

Also, how much do I take do I start off low and increase it everyday. What day do I start and as I am technically cd 1 again now.

Any help would be great as I have seen soya Isoflavones in Tesco so I could get them later :)

i decided for myself to take agnus castus, i could find much more info on it and had read somewhere that not too much is known about soy iso...but i know a few women here do take it! so hopefully they'll weigh in too.

i had no period for 6 months after coming off my implant, and had no period for the 13 months i was on it. so about 3 weeks ago i started taking agnus castus and about 5/6 days ago i started taking dong quai after a BFN.
i started my period on tuesday for the first time since march 2012.

ofc as i was taking both supplements i cant say if the dong quai simply started my period or if the agnus castus made me ovulate last cycle which caused my period, but im going to keep taking the agnus castus up until ovulation this month and hopefully I'll get my normal cycle back.

oh and i got mine from holland and barrets and take 2 pills twice a day (which is a total of 800mg i think) and as far as i can tell from research i do that all the way up until ovulation and then stop and atart again when AF starts.

It depends on what you are wanting...they do pretty different things.

The agnus castus is to help regulate your cycles. The soy is to encourage a stronger ovulation. I would go with the agnus castus (vitex) to get your cycles regular. The soy tends to delay ovulation and make your cycles longer. Also keep in mind that you need to take it for about 3 months to see a big difference.

Good luck :)

It depends on what you are wanting...they do pretty different things.

The agnus castus is to help regulate your cycles. The soy is to encourage a stronger ovulation. I would go with the agnus castus (vitex) to get your cycles regular. The soy tends to delay ovulation and make your cycles longer. Also keep in mind that you need to take it for about 3 months to see a big difference.

Good luck :)

Thank you :)

When do I start taking it and how much. Do I stop taking it after 5 days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->