Soy Isoflavones.. what's your opinion?

Wannabeam

Reaction score
Hi,

So I have really irregular cycles (32-100 days). I have started a 40mg dose of soy isoflavones, the pots says once a day but I read online that it should be on certain days of your cycle.:shrug:

I have also read different comments about whether it can cause breast cancer or help decrease it/ protect from it.

I'm confused and wondered what you ladies thought or knew about the matter.:flower:

I'm considering evening primrose oil instead!:winkwink:

I don't actually have any experience with soy isoflavones, but I see it talked about all the time on the TTC board, so I am stalking this thread to find out more info :)

I have read lots of good things about Evening Primrose Oil, but you are only supposed to take it up to the day of ovulation.

to help ov you only take it for 5 days at the beginning of your cycle. best results are when taken on days 3-7

but just from personal experience - i blame soy iso's for the early birth and multiple defects my angel had.
i did alot of research into them after i gave birth to her and found that soy iso's are linked to birth defects and more than half of pregnancies conceived with them are miscarried before 10 weeks. i can't remember the websites i got my info from as it was almost 3 years ago but i do remember putting two and two together (it was the only pregnancy i have had conceived with them, i got impatient and used them asi desperately wanted another baby. all my other babies are fit and healthy) it may just be a coincidence that the cycle i took soy iso's i concieved which ended in a horrendous late miscarriage and baby had multiple problems (hydrocephalus, under formed heart(only three chambers formed) extra toes, fingers fused together, growth defect, hole in her diaphram (her intestines where in her chest cavity) these were the main ones listed at PM meeting) but to me the two go hand in hand in my situation.

all i can say is if you do decide to use them to TTC then proceed with caution.

oh and FYI the instructions on the packet are for if you use them as a hormone regulator for the menopause (which they are commonly used for)

to help ov you only take it for 5 days at the beginning of your cycle. best results are when taken on days 3-7

but just from personal experience - i blame soy iso's for the early birth and multiple defects my angel had.
i did alot of research into them after i gave birth to her and found that soy iso's are linked to birth defects and more than half of pregnancies conceived with them are miscarried before 10 weeks. i can't remember the websites i got my info from as it was almost 3 years ago but i do remember putting two and two together (it was the only pregnancy i have had conceived with them, i got impatient and used them asi desperately wanted another baby. all my other babies are fit and healthy) it may just be a coincidence that the cycle i took soy iso's i concieved which ended in a horrendous late miscarriage and baby had multiple problems (hydrocephalus, under formed heart(only three chambers formed) extra toes, fingers fused together, growth defect, hole in her diaphram (her intestines where in her chest cavity) these were the main ones listed at PM meeting) but to me the two go hand in hand in my situation.

all i can say is if you do decide to use them to TTC then proceed with caution.

oh and FYI the instructions on the packet are for if you use them as a hormone regulator for the menopause (which they are commonly used for)

Wow, I never knew they might have any links to this, thank you for being so honest and sharing your story, and I am sorry you had an experience like this :hugs: I have been a little worried about taking them so I have decided that when in doubt do without:thumbup: Thanks again for your advice :flower:

Thanks for sharing Looloo and thanks for the post Wannabeam. I've read a lot about Soy iso's but can only find this thread on here. I wonder if any other mum's have tried it?

I tried it. I also have an irregular cycle and as I'm over 35, it was our last month of trying before heading to the doctor, so I thought I'd give it a go, took it for days 3 -7 of my cycle and fell pregnant, now have a crazy little 1 year old daughter who totally lights up our lives, while ensuring we get as little sleep and rest as possible :)

I don't know anything about it but look up Angela Lynn on yt. She was told she'd be unable to conceive without IVF as both her and her husband had fertility issues and after 1 year, she tried the soy and EPO and got pregnant on the 2nd cycle using it (I think). :D

You know, the craziest part about all of these homeopathic remedies is that we really have no way of knowing if they actually worked well, or if it was just your lucky cycle. But hey, when it comes to something as important as getting pregnant, when you finally see that BFP it really doesn't matter how you got there, and any amount of money you spent to get there is all worth it :)

Hiiiii WB! Fancy meeting you in the WTT boards! Haha! I'm no help on the soy question, but I hear good things about honey and cinnamon! ;)

I must admit im a bit worried about the birth defect issues although I haven't come across any articles about it.

I have ordered some but i think I will hold off using it for this cycle as it will be my first. No point preempting a problem i guess lol

Okay, after some research, the same lady I mentioned on yt- her son was born with hypospadias due to the soy isoflavones. She says she doesn't recommend it unless there's no other way to get pregnant. She said she'd rather have a son with hypospadias (remedied I think through surgery) thanks to the soy, than not take the soy and have no child ever. But again to use it as a last resort if you're truly infertile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->