Spa Day - is it safe now?

Palestrina

Reaction score
I have a day off next week and I'm thinking about going for a spa day for myself. I want to get a facial, a massage, and swim in the pool. Are these services safe in the last month of pregnancy? Usually I like to partake in the wet and dry saunas as well but will skip those of course. Any other spa treatments to steer clear of?

I'd check with the spa as to what treatments they deem safe. I went to a Spa in London when I was 27 weeks and most treatments they did for pregnant ladies were only allowed up until 28 weeks. That said there were a few that they deemed ok for any stage of pregnancy but they were mostly hand/feet treatments. I think it might be something to do with the types of oils they use etc but each spa/treatment is probably different.

I'd definitely check before booking though as you don't want to get there and they refuse to do the treatments!

I've had massages whilst being pregnant, they're not a problem

I think the main thing you need to steer clear of is the jacuzzi and sauna in case you overheat. Other than that ...... enjoy!! x

ETA: Ok, I stand corrected! :blush:

Most of them will not do a massage unless they are qualified in prenatal, they can give you a facial or manicure safely though!

This is interesting as my OH and I are planning on a spa day when I'll be about 34 weeks. I did phone ahead to check they can give a maternity massage but didn't think about facial etc, just assumed it would all be ok. Oh dear, I'd better check.

I've had a few massages, it was amazing! :) if they are trained in prenatal massage it shouldn't be a problem. :) xx

I qualified as a nail technician a few years ago (don't practice it now though!) and I had a friend who was pregnant at the time (I think she was about 25ish weeks) and I wanted to do a manicure on her while I was training but they wouldn't allow it because of the products used so I'd double check with the spa and see if they can send you some information in writing (just so that you're covered if you pay out before and then when you get there they decide that they can't do the treatments)

yes i agree with the lady above in that you should just give them a ring!! i'd soo love to have a spa day if funds allowed it but i am going to start a bit of swimming in my local baths this wk...only cause i'm bored shitless on my mattt leave mind you lol!
my dogs av started to hide when i jiggle the leads now... no more walks mom we're fooked lol!!

The massage and facial should be fine, as well as the swim. But like everyone else said, call ahead just to double check. HAVE FUN!!!!:happydance:

yes i agree with the lady above in that you should just give them a ring!! i'd soo love to have a spa day if funds allowed it but i am going to start a bit of swimming in my local baths this wk...only cause i'm bored shitless on my mattt leave mind you lol!
my dogs av started to hide when i jiggle the leads now... no more walks mom we're fooked lol!!

he he poor doggies!

Sounds like a fabulous day! I would go for it. You'll get a pre-natal massage of course, any spa worth it's name will have a masseuse licensed to do that for you.. . enjoy!!

Hi

I had a lovely spa weekend when i was about 21 weeks
I had a lovely mum to be massage where they lay me on beanbags instead of the usual massage table it was lovely!!
I also had treatments such as manicure pedicure etc.

They advised me not to use the steam room or sauna or the jaquzi (when it had the jets switched on) i did go in it when it was just still though.

I had a fab time in the swimming pool etc

DD X

I have no problem with pedicures, I found a place nearby that can do it in 10minutes so I'm a happy camper. Manicures are not really my thing anyway. They do offer a pre-natal massage so I'm psyched about that, but I was more concerned about doing a facial and using the pool. So swimming is ok then?

Swimming is absolutely o.k.. .. so long as your water hasn't broke yet ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->