Spacing btw #1 and #2... Positive stories about a 3.5-4 year age gap?

AnneBurg

Mother of 2, extended breastfeeder!
Reaction score
DH and I were all geared up to TTC for #2 right before our son turns two, aiming for around a 3 year age gap.
Recently I started thinking I wanted to wait longer... He is still breastfeeding, cosleeping, and I don't do well with chaos. He is also a very intense little boy, who I think will have a very hard time sharing us with a younger sibling. I want to have given him a good 3.5 years of my full attention before it gets divided with another child.
I know my DH will be fine with waiting longer, but my hesitations are:
-will it be harder to be there for my school aged son when I have an infant/toddler?
-I'm 32 now, if we want a third, I'd be 37 when we TTC #3- will I have the energy?? Will DH???
-I don't know if I can battle my broody biological clock that long! I really loved being pregnant and want to have that experience again!

Anyone have any stories to share? Positives to waiting for another year and a bit to TTC so we can have a 3.5-4 year age gap?

Thanks!

We were planning on a 4 year age gap - we decided to try just after our daughter turned two - she weaned at 21 months, was communicating really well and did really well with toilet training. That's basically what we were waiting for - her to be "ready" not that we can tell what will happen when our new little one arrives just before Alice's third birthday. We didn't want to have a baby with our eldest being a little baby still - which before two she was. She still needed us in the night and we just weren't ready to add another into the mix then :) the other good thing with this age gap will be we shall have a year all together before Alice starts kindy in 2017 which I think will be great for them to bond, then when she has her three days of school - I will be able to have that special one on one time with our littlest - When Alice goes to fulltome school in 2018 we shall have a little 2 year old on our hands and it will be fantastic to enjoy all that 2 year olds bring with my daughter in school....I I'll be checking back in to see how everyone else responds to this.

Kind of looks like whatever age gap you end up with, people just make it work for them - and can't imagine doing it any other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->