• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Spanx/girddle/shapewear - Dangerous?

deobi

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I have wedding in a couple weeks and the dress I have fits but I'd feel better with my spanx. Not that I need to hide the pregnancy or anything but I feel I am a little big for my stage. They don't cut into the bump just compress it slightly - I mean the uterus it juts barely above the pubic bone so the spanx aren't squishing the baby...just my guts lol right?

if we have spanx in the uk i suspect we call them something else!

i wore some when pregnant with kieran ! as long as no major compression and yoru not unconforable i can see an problem !!

Mine i worke for my wedding ( very sexy (i was 12 weeks gone ))

Spanx are like a spandex girddle - will update subject line

we do have spanx in the uk - and that is what they are called!!

i wore some to a wedding when i was about 9 weeks and everything was fine - your baby is still tucked away so you should be ok xx

i stand corrected - I've never ever heard them called that!
body shaper, yes - control pants, also yes!
but spanx has passed me by altogether :D

Should be fine. They just hold you in a little better. It's not like a corset.

I think i saw special pregnancy ones on the internet, asos.com i think??

I think they're fine - I've seen journal entries where people have worn them, just not every day.

i wore some light control shapers to a christening the other day and felt fine it wasnt uncomforytable or anything x

Spanx is a brand name - but they are available in the uk. There are also many similar (cheaper - lol) products out there.
I have worn mine, but I'm only 10 weeks. I can't see they would do any harm, because you don't feel squashed or uncomfortable. I think they smooth more than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"