SPD and Blue badges......

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Tam, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

I put this in General Chatter, but incase you don't go in there I am putting it in here too.............

For you girls that have SPD, I know you are eligible in some places for a blue badge, and Becky reminded me of this the other day......anyway, I saw my GP today and she said that our council will not issue them unless it is a permanent condition :?

So OK, walking is a HUGE deal for me at the mo, but in a matter of days I am really hoping it improves.....but for those of you suffering, it is worth seeing if you can get a blue badge to help you out in your area! x

2. bexxie

bexxie Well-Known Member

:( for you.
    I can get one,I think it covers you until baby is 6 months old but time they re-issue etc. I still have a disabled badge from Mencap but darent use if I dont have a client with me,can you imagine,lol?

I am going to look into this for you Tam,as the G.P I reckon is wrong,(sorry I know I sound big-headed) what is your local council can you mail me it or give them a ring they will be people to ask.

Good luck hun

Bex

3. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

Sutton Council.....

My GP is ace and really helpful, so I really don't doubt what she said.....I know some areas do not issue them, my physio told me that, but said it would be worth a shot!

Thanks anyway babe!

Get yours sorted woman!! x

4. Caroline

Caroline Proud Mum of 4

Didn't realise that tho if the past few days are anything to go by i'll be finishing work and nearly housebound as i could barely get in and out of car today :cry: