SPD and swelling anyone?

Suze

Mummy to Ava & Oscar
Reaction score
Just wondered if any one of you unfortunate ladies with SPD has had swelling too?
I have quite a lot of one sided swelling on my pubic area (on the front not underneath) for the past 2 weeks and have seen my GP twice now and she is a bit puzzled as she says she's not seen this before. Varicose veins and hernia have been ruled out and she even got another GP to take a look today too who also was puzzled! She is now getting me a consultant appointment this week for another opinion.

Anyone else had this (or am I a freak?!!)?

I've got SPD and get swelling sometimes on my undercarriage, but not at the front (I'm assuming you mean on your 'mound' area?)

Does the swollen area hurt at all?

Yeah it's on the front but more on the bikini line area iykwim? It hurts a little when it's pressed and when I get up from sitting it feels like the skin is ripping apart and burning...god I sound like a right drama queen!!!

Yeah it's on the front but more on the bikini line area iykwim? It hurts a little when it's pressed and when I get up from sitting it feels like the skin is ripping apart and burning...god I sound like a right drama queen!!!

Aww you don't sound like a drama queen! :hugs:

It sounds nasty whatever it is, giving you pain like that ~ I hope they can find out what it is for you and do something for the pain xx

Hi hun

Right i dont know if this is going to help as it maybe completly different, but

I, rather than having SPD which is seperating of the pelvis at the front, have serperated Sacro Iliac (SI) Joint. seperation, which the the bones wither side of your lower back seperating
(its impossible t explain the difference even if you understand it to midwifes/consultants) Being driving me crazy!

It was a preexisting condition i had when i was young and obviously with the relaxin, its back

ANYWAY this results in me getting swelling on either side of my bikini line, on where you would point, if you were asked to locate your hip joints
This is due to putting added pressure on the front of the hip joint and well in me it also goes downt he back of the ankles where the bnoey bit is. And as we've gotten to the later stages of pregancny ive had sweeling dodwn the either side of my body as well round my hips and upper thigh

This is exactly where I had mine and my GP seemed to think it was normal with SPD - you could actually see it was red and swollen.

It went down after a couple of days of bed rest. Have you had any physio? That really helped me as it turned out my hip was turned and once they put it back in place I was so much better. I was on crutches for nearly 3 months but 5 days after I finished work I was able to put them away - sitting in an office chair all day is lethal for SPD!

Hi thanks for the replies girls. Interesting about seperated SI joint - I have been having physio and I would have thought if it was that then it would have been picked up...but then again from what you said Nibblenic possibly not!

Faerie I've had it almost 3 weeks now and I've been off work for 8 weeks too and am not using my crutches as much as I probably should. I also was discharged from physio last week as they said they could do no more (all she did was talk anyway!) as she didn't want to aggravate it further!

Well we'll see what the Consultant says, I just hope early induction isn't mentioned!

Hi thanks for the replies girls. Interesting about seperated SI joint - I have been having physio and I would have thought if it was that then it would have been picked up...but then again from what you said Nibblenic possibly not!

Faerie I've had it almost 3 weeks now and I've been off work for 8 weeks too and am not using my crutches as much as I probably should. I also was discharged from physio last week as they said they could do no more (all she did was talk anyway!) as she didn't want to aggravate it further!

Well we'll see what the Consultant says, I just hope early induction isn't mentioned!

My physio, did know it was my si joint, i did go in and tell her it was like, and she just confirmed it. sorry, so they did know, its just trying to explain it after that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"