spd at 8 wks

halas

Reaction score
well from history i got spd at 28 weeks with gabrielle it was horrible well now it is back and im only 8 weeks along i went the dr who confirmed it and cant recomend anything but panadol i'm freaking out cause last time i strugled to walk and if i gabrielle to run around after does anyone have any suggestions to ease this im desperate

Sorry, I don't have any suggestion. Hope you will feel well soon :hugs:

I also suffer this, last pregnancy (3rd) diagnosed at 11 weeks, on crutches by 15. I'm now 12 weeks and am suffering again.

Ask for a referral to physio, I was there other day and have been given some exercises to strengthen supporting muscles and different postures to sit to lift weight off pelvis. They did say this early on that no point in giving a support belt as that is to lift the weight of the baby, but baby is still small so wouldn't actually do me any good.#

I use heat packs at my back and front and physio said if you direct heat directly over the sympysis pubis that it will help loosen things off.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get too bad for you hun.

thankyou yep im going to ask my dr next appointemt for a referal i had bowen therapy last time it helped a heap expsensive when you need to go regularly, being diagnosed with it with a 9 month old on hand is scarey because i need to be mobil to keep up with her im wish there was more known about it in my area because i had midwifes that had never heard of it and i didnt get any advice on giving birth with spd which i wish i had

I feel so sorry for you.

I don't think I have anything like that but I have had severe lower back/hip pain since week 6. I couldn't walk at one point and getting up for a wee in the night was unbelievable pain. It kept making me cry! I twisted 5 vertibrae in my neck when I was younger and was in a collar for months...I can honestly say this pain was as bad as that - if not worse.

It has spread from one side to the other side and I just believe it must be my ligaments stretching out each side. Luckily, the last 5 days it is bearable and just feels like regular lower back ache now. I can cope with it and I feel good!

I really hope they can help you.... Pain for all that time is just not fair xxxx It's mad how pregnancy can make you physically injured...!

Hello :hi:

I have no advice either but alot of sympathy, I have also suffered with this in my last 2 pregnancies and mine started this pregnancy about 8 weeks also :( it is terrible, its the only thing that puts me off being pregnant, escpecially now with 3 little ones to run around after!! Im just trying to stay positive and deal with at it hits me.

I got reffered to physio last time but they were useless for me, just told me not alot they could do and sent me away :( Lets hope we don't get to bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->