Spd - feeling selfish , had enough :,( 32 weeks

Mum_Of_Roodys

Reaction score
So here I am at 32 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I feel like a cow because all I can think about is getting this baby out ! I'm in so much pain I can't get out of my house without crutches , I can't get out of bed without pain killers , spd is killing me , my pelvis keeps rising on one side and dropping on the other meaning I have to have weekly physio just to keep me anywhere near being in line ! My spine is chipped from a previous baby and honestly I've had enough !
I know I sound selfish I feel awful about it too but this is my 4th baby and my other children need looking after too which I am unable to do , I can barely cuddle them without wanting to cry I constantly feel uncomfortable and fat I also have an irritable uterus which means I can't have anything touch my stomach at all without braxton hicks starting off !
Just don't know what to do and need to moan to someone as hubby doesn't understand and thinks I'm being dramatic !
I've had to be induced early with 2 previous babies and I could really do without that too so now I'm sat here panicing that I'll have to be induced !
I can't get comfortable in any way at all if I stand I get intense pressure if I sit my hips and back hurt (and also my lower regions ) and if I lay down im in so much pain I can only lay in one way and even that is very uncomfortable, going to have a breakdown soon !! Help !!

I know how you feel hun, I've had horrible SPD since about wk 20 or so. I haven't had the back pain that you do but it is hard to sleep with hip pain. I hate to say it but mine only got worse as baby gained weight.

The only thing that semi helped me with having to sit down was putting a rolled up towel under my butt/ thigh area. A pillow sometimes worked too.

I'm literally stuck it's getting me really down , I know I sound selfish but I just don't know how much longer I can cope with , will try the towel thing as at the moment the only time I get some small relief is getting in a hot bath (I know your not ment to have hot baths but it's the only thing that takes the edge off ) even my pain meds ain't helping.
I see my mw Monday and consultant Tuesday and honestly I might just break down if they touch my bump in the slightest :( I can't even put my arms down properly without it kicking off , I can't sleep I can't do anything it's awful :,(

Just saw this post mum of Roodys..you do not sound selfish!! your in so much extra pain than normal third trimester should be. I also take a hot bath about 3 times a week when the pain get so out of control. and also did that with each pregnancy and babies were fine.
I hope you feel better..it will be over soon

Thankyou most people just make me feel like I'm crazy and selfish and it's nice to have someone understand on a level , I've done this 3 times before and I've always been the one that everyone's like oh you shouldn't do that and blah blah but I know what I can and can't take and do and it's so frustrating , thankyou I'm just hoping his early like the rest of my littlens X

Don't ever think your being selfish. You've got a right to moan. SPD or PGP as they now call it is very very painful. I am on my second baby, thought I had it bad with my first, but by God i was wrong. I am.really struggling to do.anything at the moment. On top of having to look after my 4 year old, I have to deal with the daily struggles of this God awful pain. I cannot wait to get this baby out either. So I completely sympathise with you. Take care x

I had it with my first pregnancy, crutches, couldn't bear to drive so housebound. Was horrible. I can totally sympathise. It's not selfish. There's only so long you can deal with feeling uncomfortable for so so long and not sleeping. And I didn't even have kids to look after then! All that kept me going was thinking that no matter how much pain I was in, my baby was cooking well and needed to still be snug inside.

Big hugs. Can sympathise. The end is in sight

I can relate 😢 You are not being selfish I'm 31 weeks with twins and honestly I'm trying to be strong but I just want to break down and sob. I just wish so much I could forward time, I can't even get the kids to school it's depressing 😔

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->