SPD in your knees?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Kittee, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Kittee

Kittee Pregnant with #2!

Can this happen?

My dang knee's are killing me today. Can it start out like that? I feel like an old woman.

2. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

I wasnt aware that SPD can affect your knees, but I'm no medical professional so I'm probably wrong :rofl:

Everyone who has SPD suffers in a different way but speaking from my own experience, it affects my hips (mainly my left) lower back and the fanjita area! Feels like I've been kicked by a donkey with rather large hobnail boots on.
    Joking aside, your knee pain could be because of the extra weight that you're carrying and your centre of balance is all off compared to how it was so maybe putting extra pressure on to your knees. They bear the brunt of everything we do so maybe it's cos of that? :shrug:

3. It's probably just wear and tear from carrying around the extra weight of the baby. SPD is a pelvic issue.

4. charliejo

charliejo Well-Known Member

Hey, I trapped a nerve in my bottom a few weeks ago, and my knee was so sore- I was told it is referred pain- there is a nerve that serves the front of our thigh, connecting to the scietia (spelling!?) Anyway I rested with my knee higher than my body and placed ice on my bottom and knee and it soon released it. I was also referred to a physio- something I had to really push for, because my mw is happier to recommend paracetamol than actually trying to treat the issue.

Hope it eases up soon x x x x

5. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

i would also be inclined to think that its from carrying the weight of the baby and your body isnt adjusting aswell as it could, i have weak knees too. they have been fine during pregnancy but in general i messed them up when i used to do gymnastics. Its prob that, just try resting or wearing a knee support you can get them frm boots. x

6. eddjanuary10

eddjanuary10 Well-Known Member

i don't even know what spd is!? but my cousin had sore knees when she was pregnant & the doctor told her to wear different shoes with a more padded sole as the extra weight & the shoes she was wearing were the cause of the sore knees. hope u find your remedy soon xx