• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

SPD pains already? Worried this means it will end up really painful :-(

lexey_7

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I just wondered if anybody has the same or any advice? I had SPD with my daughter, it wasn't awful but pretty painful, turning over in bed was the worst. I can't remember when it started but I think 24ish weeks, I went to the physio but it was useless and I just got a stupid tubi grip that was hot and horrible and didn't make any difference.

I asked about it at my booking appointment as I wanted to know as I'd lost a lot of weight this time around (5 stone) was a I less likely to be affected by it but she said chances are if you've had it once it comes back :nope:

And this last week I'm noticing the pains between my legs and it seems quite bad for this early. I googled and it's horror stories of needing crutches.
Does this mean it's going to be bad? Or might not get any worse I'm worrying. Xx

Not necessarily. I had it very bad with dd1 but only late third trimester. My dd2 I was totally unaffected.

I had it very severely with ds1 from 20 weeks, genuinely the three year age gap is because I was terrified of getting it again, I had crawl around house in the late stages.
Anyway it kicked in at 11 weeks this time and I was devastated, but honestly I can say this time it's been mild in comparison! I swam 2/3 times a week from 12 weeks to 34 and genuinely believe it helped. Always knees together, no breaststroke with legs only kicking. I didn't even need the support belt in the end, I was so bad first time I was given one no questions this time!

I had SPD very bad with my second son, not so bad with numbers 3/4/5, this time i know my body is producing plenty of Relaxin because im getting stiffness and soreness in my back and neck but my pelvis so far is unaffected, I am however modifying my movements, taking smaller steps, being careful going up and down stairs, keeping knees together when i twist or roll in bed basicly following the physio's advice and i have my SI support belt if it gets bad ( i would strongly reccomend getting one over a tubigrip)

I had severe SPD with DD and was on crutches from 24 weeks, signed off work most of my pregnancy and induced at 37 weeks because of it.
I started getting the same pains again this time around at around 13 weeks and I was dreading it as I have a toddler to run about after.. But it's been nowhere near as bad. I've struggled at night with moving in bed and so not getting a lot of sleep but it's been manageable during the day.

So reassured that some haven't had it as bad with baby number two. We are still ttc but the thought of the pain to come is freaking me out.

I had mild SPD from very early, before 12 weeks, with my son, but it never got bad. I didn't need to see a physio or anything and it was bearable right through to birth at 41 weeks. So starting early doesn't mean it will be particularly bad.

I had it with my eldest from8 weeks. It was hell. I only had it really mildly with my daughter and then it started getting bad with my third but the physio did some magic at realigning my hips and it really really helped. So it seems to be pot luck for me as to how bad it got

I get SPD with my pregnancies. This will be my fourth baby. I have had the easiest time, SPD-wise, with this one. I had symptoms of it in first Tri, but it hasn't gotten any worse at all. This time, I've been especially careful not to open my legs wide at all. I am intentional with my movements and take lots of breaks. I also do my exercises every chance I get. With my second-born, I popped my pelvis out of place at 10 weeks, and it never went back in. I was in excruciating pain the whole time. My third pregnanft was conceived when my second-born was 2 months old, and my pelvis hadn't healed, so I was in pain throughout that pregnancy, too. I really learned what to do and what not to do throughout each of the pregnancies. Be very careful, and Google exercises for SPD, and then keep up with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"