SPD/Pelvic Girdle Pain

DressageDiva

Nearly ready to pop!!
Reaction score
Hi

I started getting some awful pain in my pelvis today, I couldnt walk at all. My inner thighs felt like id been bike riding for 5 hours, it made my eyes water.

When I did some googling I came up with SPD but its not meant to be so early on, although some cases from 18 weeks, which is co-incidentially today! One of my friends had this too and she had to finish work at 7 months she was in such pain, and had been since 20 weeks. She also said that the midwives were reluctant to do anything.

I called my local midwife practice who said to rest and they thought i was too early, but I am petite and i think its worse in that case. Im going to see the midwife on Tuesday so we will see.

But it was bloody painful so I hope it doesnt carry on:wacko:

x

I feel your pain honey! Literally! :haha: you're most definately not alone and it can definately start earlier than 18 weeks - I've had it almost from the beginning. Here's a link to a thread I made, hopefull you'll find it useful.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...f-you-have-sore-back-tailbone-pelvis-etc.html

Sorry for the short reply but am typing on phone....Is it your first baby? What dies the pain feel like, as it could just be normal stresses and strains of pregnancy... Round ligament pain and similar.

I'm in debate as to whether I'm presenting with it too at the moment... Have received some great advice in my journal over the last week or so (link in my signature) if you fancy a read.

Hoping it passes soon and doesn't develop further. :hug:

Sorry for the short reply but am typing on phone....Is it your first baby? What dies the pain feel like, as it could just be normal stresses and strains of pregnancy... Round ligament pain and similar.

I'm in debate as to whether I'm presenting with it too at the moment... Have received some great advice in my journal over the last week or so (link in my signature) if you fancy a read.

Hoping it passes soon and doesn't develop further. :hug:

Yup first baby, and while i dont actually know having never done this before lol it really sounds excactly like SPD.
Its a bit better today but then i walked up a step and i felt it ping, ouch!!! I can walk if i walk like i need a wee lol

hello everyone,

in 08 of april i had a 11 pound girl,
during delivery she got stuck and the doctor literally pulled her out of me. i had a 4th degree ripped which included my rectum muscle and my baby shoulder came broken.
3 days later they gave me a belt and send me home. i wasn't able to walk, sit down and lay down. i slept on the couch for 3 month with my new born.
throughout the years the pain was a still there and i just walked it off. I tried to continue on with daily activities but there were days where i would cry because it hurt so much.
i went to several doctors begging for an answer or help. i had 3 different x-ray and felt i wasn't taken serious. they always said i would get better and there's nothing wrong with me. yet my foot started to be in pain like it was changing, my hips kept cracking, feeling movement in my pelvis area, upper back pain and i became very depressed.
I've been having difficulty trying to cope with the pain and i feel as if this spd is not serious to the nurse or doctor, i feel like they just ignore what I'm trying to tell them how i feel.
i still haven't seen a chiropractor, or had any kind a medical attention, just the belt they gave me to go home from the hospital.
I'm just wondering if I should give a birth below again, or I should just have a c-section? what affects will it have on me if i do give birth below? has anyone out there given birth with spd?
im so glad there internet because i was feeling so alone one this. :cloud9:

hello everyone,

in 08 of april i had a 11 pound girl,
during delivery she got stuck and the doctor literally pulled her out of me. i had a 4th degree ripped which included my rectum muscle and my baby shoulder came broken.
3 days later they gave me a belt and send me home. i wasn't able to walk, sit down and lay down. i slept on the couch for 3 month with my new born.
throughout the years the pain was a still there and i just walked it off. I tried to continue on with daily activities but there were days where i would cry because it hurt so much.
i went to several doctors begging for an answer or help. i had 3 different x-ray and felt i wasn't taken serious. they always said i would get better and there's nothing wrong with me. yet my foot started to be in pain like it was changing, my hips kept cracking, feeling movement in my pelvis area, upper back pain and i became very depressed.
I've been having difficulty trying to cope with the pain and i feel as if this spd is not serious to the nurse or doctor, i feel like they just ignore what I'm trying to tell them how i feel.
i still haven't seen a chiropractor, or had any kind a medical attention, just the belt they gave me to go home from the hospital.
I'm just wondering if I should give a birth below again, or I should just have a c-section? what affects will it have on me if i do give birth below? has anyone out there given birth with spd?
im so glad there internet because i was feeling so alone one this. :cloud9:

I don't have any experience with SPD but wanted to send you some hugs. :hugs: Sounds like you've been dealing with a nightmare for a long time. Broken shoulder on the baby?! Torn rectum?! How horrible!! I really hope you can find some answers and get the help you need.

This site has been helping me with advice and reading al the support. I wish i would have found this earlier.
I'm due May 5th,2011 and hoping for no complication with my baby arrival :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->