Spd/PGP mumma's

angelbump

Reaction score
I am really struggling with spd.
I did last pregnancy too but this time it's started like 10 weeks earlier than last time and is intense already.
I am trying to be as active as possible to keep weight off as I've gained a fair bit already and i want an active pregnancy and labour this time round but I'm finding walking takes me out for days after in pain.
Does anyone know what lines of help are available (UK) and what options are if pain gets too bad near the end? Can i push for induction? How early will they induce me? My guess is 37 weeks.
Does anyone have personal experience they can help me with. I had an emcs last time and am desperate to have a natural birth this time but I'm fully aware that may not be possible especially if i end up in a wheelchair x

Have you been referred to physio yet for it? I was, I had some useful excercises to ease pain, and also a bump support band given to me, it made quite a difference. They did say if walking was difficult they would give me crutches. (Felt like my leg would go from under me ocassionally)

I'm not sure about induction if SPD is becoming too painful though xx

I had SPD with our daughter. It got to the point I was desperate to have her because I couldn't do anything without being in agony. They offered me a sweep at 38+1, but I was going to change my mind as I had a chest infection, but she decided to arrive on her own anyway that day.
In my experience they don't seem to like to offer induction, not unless it's absolutely necessary. They prefer to offer a sweep or before term they can refer you for physio but I read somewhere osteopathy was a good alternative

I know this post is a bit old but I see by your ticker that you're still pregnant so I'll go ahead and post. I had SPD in my last three pregnancies and managed to have natural labours. Only in one did I have to use a peanut ball to get her out because my pelvis kept locking up on me. She came out within literally minutes of using the peanut ball so I would ask for that if you're planning on trying a VBAC just in case. It helps widen your pelvis. I'm not sure about induction. I was never offered one even though my midwife knew that I suffered from SPD. I'm a little worried this pregnancy. My SPD started at 14 weeks this time. At about 25 weeks I tried using the support belt but it didn't help. Now at 30 weeks I'm nearly crippled with the pain. Every quick movement sends shooting pains up my lower back. My pelvis cracks often and my hips feel like they fall out of socket. It won't surprise me if I am offered crutches for the remainder of my pregnancy at my next appointment. We've decided that this will be our last pregnancy because I can't deal with this pain anymore. Honestly I can't wait to give birth with him just so this pain goes away, which it always did after a few weeks postpartum.

I know this post is a bit old but I see by your ticker that you're still pregnant so I'll go ahead and post. I had SPD in my last three pregnancies and managed to have natural labours. Only in one did I have to use a peanut ball to get her out because my pelvis kept locking up on me. She came out within literally minutes of using the peanut ball so I would ask for that if you're planning on trying a VBAC just in case. It helps widen your pelvis. I'm not sure about induction. I was never offered one even though my midwife knew that I suffered from SPD. I'm a little worried this pregnancy. My SPD started at 14 weeks this time. At about 25 weeks I tried using the support belt but it didn't help. Now at 30 weeks I'm nearly crippled with the pain. Every quick movement sends shooting pains up my lower back. My pelvis cracks often and my hips feel like they fall out of socket. It won't surprise me if I am offered crutches for the remainder of my pregnancy at my next appointment. We've decided that this will be our last pregnancy because I can't deal with this pain anymore. Honestly I can't wait to give birth with him just so this pain goes away, which it always did after a few weeks postpartum.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain :hugs: may I ask, what is a peanut ball?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->