SPD... please tell me i am not exaggerating!!

elainegee

Reaction score
so i had this last time in pregnancy, but didn't see physio until 34+ weeks, i was told something was out of alignment and i was given a belt to wear, that was that, it didn't cripple me but was just painful...

This time around it has been so much worse :cry: i saw physio at around 24ish weeks i think and was given a belt etc and basic advice on how to put clothes on get out of bed etc, since then it has steadily got worse and i think this week has been the worst.

i can barley move in bed because of it and turning around involves normally getting out of bed! Around the house i can manage, but then i go out to the supermarket for example, i got round 3 isle of Asda yesterday and had to call it a day, i was walking like i could barley lift my legs! I felt like my bump was that heavy every step i took the baby could of fell out, and to top it off i could hardly get out the car when we got home, again today we went to Asda just for a drink and my daughter wanted a wee look at the magazine, so i basically walked from the car park to the front door chose the juice, then the magazine isle is about 20 paces from there, and that was the furthest i could go, i was so weighed down by my tummy and every step was an effort, and OH is saying to me, what is wrong, in a sarcastic tone, i feel as though he thinks i am at it!

Around the house i try and do things for myself, ie pick something up off the floor, but now and again i am in that much pain i will have to shout him, and he rolls his eyes! He isn't always like this but because of how sore i have been he has been doing a lot of the stuff in the house (he is unemployed at the moment) just things like the hoovering and picking up after the wee one etc.

Please tell me other woman out there feel as disabled as i do, it got me down in the car today and i started crying, because i still have weeks to go and the thought of not being able to simply walk about a supermarket is so depressing! I have the physio on Wednesday afternoon so i am hoping she will have a quick fix for me, however i know this will only happen after the baby pops out :wacko:xx

I feel extremely sorry for you!!

I have it too and had physio at 17 weeks, I have the belt and the crutches

I know what you mean about feeling disabeled, I can go out alone as cant carry anything and cant push my sons buggy.

and bed god that hurts!! have you tried sleeping sat up right on the sofa, its the only way I get longer than an hour

my consultants promising me an early induction at 37 weeks as I cant do just about anything, he says I cant drive after 30 weeks either lucky me

I feel extremely sorry for you!!

I have it too and had physio at 17 weeks, I have the belt and the crutches

I know what you mean about feeling disabeled, I can go out alone as cant carry anything and cant push my sons buggy.

and bed god that hurts!! have you tried sleeping sat up right on the sofa, its the only way I get longer than an hour

my consultants promising me an early induction at 37 weeks as I cant do just about anything, he says I cant drive after 30 weeks either lucky me

i took my daughter down the town for the first time in months by myself on Thursday, and did i regret it!! we got the bus into town that was OK... got into the shopping center went to two shops and had to go home, i was carrying one bag and that was my limit!! I just feel so bad for my wee girl, i feel like it is OH that is the mummy and the daddy.

I was told it might be possible to induce me at 37 weeks but have also been told the chances of this working as i have had a previous c section are slim, so might end up with a section anyways, i just want to get back to some normality. At least i know i am not the only one majorly suffering, i thought i was just perhaps being a big girls blouse!!

On the sleeping issue, i wake up probably once every hour or so and i think i have had one full night sleep since 2nd tri, if i am being honest i wish OH would just sleep in the living room so i could lye in the middle of bed and have the roll about i need!!!:blush:

your not being a big girls blouse

remember to write about the spd in you birth plan, as your not meant to have stirrups etc as it can make it worse in the long run!

Im counting down the weeks, Im fully prepared for the induction not to work but I will at least try lol

I also feel like Im letting my son down, even lifting him from his cot is hard going
I just wanna be able to chase him round

I have thanked you because I could have written your post myself, I have been soooooooo p****ed off this week. I am seeing physio and have crutches. Some days are worse than others. My DH has got no flippin idea how painful this is and I have spent the whole day in tears because my hormones are really playin up today too. DH only ever rolled his eyes once.............................LOL

I find hoovering is just WOW so so bad. The floor will just have to stay dirty!! Will get DH to do, difficult whilst renovating a house though (DH not me) My DS aged 8 likes to hoover though bless him just the middle of the carpet though!

consultant told me no cleaning lol so i arnt

im off to try get some rest fingers crossed

Aw elaine :hugs:

You're not exaggerating.

I'm counting myself lucky in an odd way - because I do have a disability and was probably more prepared for this ;)

Anna, I'm so glad you said that about the stirrups... I've been a little concerned about that. Even without the SPD/PGP-wotsit I've got one leg that can't support itself in that position... I told hubby he'll just have to move/mind it for me :rofl:

Aw elaine :hugs:

You're not exaggerating.

I'm counting myself lucky in an odd way - because I do have a disability and was probably more prepared for this ;)

Anna, I'm so glad you said that about the stirrups... I've been a little concerned about that. Even without the SPD/PGP-wotsit I've got one leg that can't support itself in that position... I told hubby he'll just have to move/mind it for me :rofl:

thats what Ive told my dh lol, my friend gave birth two weeks ago and she had spd thankfully mostly cleared up now, she gave birth on her side

Hi I am 35 weeks tomorrow and boy oh boy SPD, no one mentioned this to me and it gets worse with each pregnancy. It hurts so much to walk and you are so not being a wuss. I had to stop work 2 weeks before i was meant too but it was sore alot before that. Some people do not like taking panadol but my midwife here in newzealand has said that it is fine * panadol only* i took 2 last nite before i went to bed and put a cushion between my knees and under my belly this really helps. Turning in bed is very very sore so if you sit up before turning sides that helps alot as well and try keep your legs together. It will all be worth it :)

Oh ladies I'm sorry you are having such problems. I don't have bad SPD but I have scoliosis and sciatica so I am also unable to walk much and have crutches for when I'm having to go anywhere far. The other day when we went to Tesco OH ended up pushing me round in a wheelchair cos I struggled to get across the car park. My consultant won't consider inducing me early either because my pelvis is only slightly unstable. So I've got to suffer until this little man decides to come out.

aww poor girlies, at least i know i am not the only one in major major pain, like i said last time around it wasn't as bad, i managed to walk around ikea at 39 weeks!! this time around i think i might need to be wheeled around !! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->