Spd?

maisiemoo

Reaction score
I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and for the last couple of weeks I 've developed a terrible lower back pain in the coccyx area, which extends into my right upper thigh/hip (this feels like a really deep pain). It occurs after the smallest amount of phydicsl activity and leaves getting out of bed challenging, walking up the stairs painful etc

Is this the beginning of spd? I never had this with my daughter and will be speaking to the doc tomorrow morn. I also have a low lying placenta, which is currently covering the cervix - I can imagine that carrying so low is probably not helping.

Yea, mine started at 8 weeks (already had back problems and sciatica pre pregnancy) and it gets worse sorry to say! Mines now spread round to my hips and pubic bones and my pelvis cracks when I walk.

Ive been given physio, and a support belt from hospital, and when I get bigger, Ill be given crutches. Im 14 weeks now and struggling. I take codeine for the pain.

I can sympathise but see your dr/gp! They can help :)

Sounds like it :-( mine is at its worst right now gettin out of bed is a nightmare just a constant dull ache then sharp pain when I move x

I have the tail bone pain too.. Some days its worse than others.. Especially when I go from sitting to standing.

It's not too bad now I have been put on rest.. probably because I don't get off my but unless I have to.

Good luck hope your pain goes away and it's not the start of SPD..

Happy and healthy pregnancy to you

I have had a few attacks of this, my midwife said it was sciatica...very painful in sharp bursts.

Big hugs! I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Thanks all :) I am so annoyed, as I've just come out the other side of very severe hyperemesis. It seems I've swapped one problem for another. The joys of pregnancy.

Does anyone know what they can do for you (if anything) to relieve some of the pain? My daughters pre-school is a 2.5 mile walk (each way) and already I'm catching a bus for half the journey, the other half leaves me in pain. I'm worried that I won't be able to get her there at all if it gets any worse.

Sorry to hear you're all suffering too xxxx

Really there's not much for it besides buying a support belt or crutches!

That walk can't be doing u good I'm bad enough goin shoppin!

I went to physio but it was just a group session thing n basically was like keep legs closed when gettin out of bed standing up etc so your pelvis isn't wide apart etc but it hasn't helped me at all as its simple things like walking n bending that is hard!

Iv yet to try the support belt to see if that helps? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"