SPD?

I too find I'm fine if I sit and do notnihg all day, as soon as I start to walk it will start up. All i idi yesterday was put the washing away and do a couple of loads of washing, and today I can't even walk without pain. I'm walking like an arthritic penguin with a broom up its bottom and it still hurts. I kinda hope its this bad 2morrow then the physo can see what problems I'm having.

Oh I know how you feel, I struggle to do things too.......doing things makes it worse and I almost come to a halt I have even had to stop in a shop because I couldn't walk at all (I had no idea how I was going to get outta there), I was in so much pain......when it hurts, I can't do a thing, not even move my own legs to turm over in bed or lay on the sofa, Paul has to move them for me and I have to stay relaxed, otherwise it is agony!

I don't do hardly any house work, Paul does it all......the physio seemed very happy that I was able to relax and suit myself with what I do, because she was on about home help if things were different for me, but I am really lucky to have Paul and a very helpful and understanding little girl!

Unfortunately I'm still working. We can't afford for me to take early maternity leave but if I have to go off sick I do have a policy which will pay out enoough to pay mortgage and essential bills. I'm hoping that the phsio can help with decent support, even crutches to help me walk would make work easier. DH is at home with lo so I don't need to worry about that and he does all cooking and cleaning. I just find it hard when dd wants me to pick her up for a cuddle. I have to sit down first and even thne the weight of her can sometimes be painfull. Sent Dh shopping last week and he did really well. I think he will be doing it on a regular basis at this rate. I'm going to speak to midwife at next appt in Jan as if the pain continues I really don't fancy a natural birth as I always get contractions in my back. I really don't think I'll be able to cope. :cry:

Just a quick question to the both of you, have you been told or advised to have c sections because of your SPD? Iknow someone else who had to cause the SPD ment they couldnt open their legs properly to have a natural childbirth.

Not at the moment but want to discuss with midwife. i just hope the physio is of some help, knowing my luck they just say i've got backache cos I'm pg, grrrr. The physio at the hospital can be a bit useless sometimes. I'm pretty convinced its spd from reading posts and googgling it tho.
I don't particulary want a sectoin but if the pain continues I may well throw stroppy fit as I really don't think I can cope with the pain and I've read an epidural isn't advised as it numbs tha pain of the spd so you can make it worse.

I was told I possibly could have a c-section but that may be a combination because of my birth with chloe. they are sadistic and like to see us suffer,no seriousley it feels that way

i am still in agony and feel like all my underneaths are going to fall out also have meeting tomorrow at work and this means walking or hobbling through main factory to get to room,nice!!!!!

take care girls bex

Cat said:
Just a quick question to the both of you, have you been told or advised to have c sections because of your SPD? Iknow someone else who had to cause the SPD ment they couldnt open their legs properly to have a natural childbirth.

There is NO way I will have a C-Section by choice, so I will be doing my best to go natural, the physio said that people do well kneeling in childbirth (although that is not for me, that kills me to do) so she advised a birthing ball and to use that to take weight off the lower regions.....and her daughter managed it in the sitting position (she had SPD too)......but I will play it by ear, my consultant knows my feeling on a C-section!

I love my phsio. I can walk again. She had me in tears with the pain mind you. I have a sexy tubigrip thong (oops sp pmsl I meant thing). that goes from under boobs and down to hips to hold things togethre, and have been put on crutches. Advised to try and sleep with pillows between legs to keep them hip width apart. I have appt to go back next week to see how I get on. If I still get problems walking with crutches I may have to have a walking frame ! She also said that there is an alternative support belt you can get from a company called serola. The cheapest place if found it was for £28.99 incl vat and delivery. If you want info pm. (Don't want to get told off for advertising!) Plan on ordering one 2morrow. Tam if your still in pain I would seriously consider crutches, I can't believe the difference its made. Anyone with problems who think it may be SPD I would strongly advise you to go to GP and get referred.

I am going to speak to midwife in Jan about delivery options. Like you say Tam on all fours is a no- no for me too. As I get labour pains in my back I'm probably being a wuss about c-section. I doubt they'll give me one anyhow. Sorry long post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->