SPD

Niamh22

Reaction score
HI ladies for anyone with their 2nd child did you suffer from this with your first i did from about 20 weeks and the last few days i'm sure i am starting to suffer from it again my job is really active so not good. does anyone have a good tips can you get it this early i am only 7wks 4days approx

Hi. I am pregnant with #2 and i had SPD with my first pregnancy. They said that i most certainly will have it in future pregnancies.. i am only 4wks and2 days today, so it is still a bit early for me to have symptoms. it is very important that you do have a straight upright posture at all times, and if you can get a pregnancy belt, it should help a bit. Also, try not to do heavy lifting or awkward bending...Good luck, i know exactly what you are going through.....

I had it mildley in my first pregnancy, and then severely with my second, I was on crutches from 35 weeks as I just could not move without them. Dreading it this time around.

yeah i was on crutches with my first but won't be able to use them this time. I only work parttime gave up work when i had niamh but i clean now so always hoovering mopping and carrying out binbags not the best job for this condition lol

did you manage crutches with the baby i don'tknow if i will keepup with Niamh in crutches she runs everywhere lol

Yeah, my LO was almost 2 and a half when LO2 was born, was hard work, but he understood mummy was in pain and didn't mess me around too much.

Hey honey

I had it from about 27-28 weeks with my son and was on crutches from 32 weeks and I'm sure I started getting it again very early this time round too. Now I'm almost 12 weeks and the last couple of weeks it's been definate pains in my pubic area. Very uncomfortable and painful.

Don't really have any advice except take it easy xxx

Hi ladies I made a post last night which no one replied to (Soreness in/ around vagina or something like that), but reading this I think this may be what Im suffering from. Do you feel as if your sort of locked or sore in the groin area sometimes?

I had SPD quite badly with my second pregnancy. I found it difficult to get off the floor from changing/playing with my oldest boy who was approx 12/13mths. I saw an osteopath and after two sessions I was good as new! I was walking right up until 38weeks then I had bubs. Before treatment I found it difficult jsut to walk around the house let alone out for hour long walks.

BBaby, that sounds like SPD. And you describe it really well, kind of like it's locked but it's really because the ligaments are softening. Really painfull xxx

With my daughter I was in a wheelchair from 6m, but that was down to mismanagement from my midwife (who claimed to have referred me for physio and said she'd heard back and they were booked solid for a while but would get to eventually. I went direct 11wks later when I could barely walk as I was in so much pain, only to find she'd never referred me at all and they coulda seen me straight away!!!!!)

I have bypassed her and have a different midwife this time who was appalled to find out how I was treated in my previous pregnancy (alot of health probs all caused by mismanagement) and as such she has me booked in for physio already which I start on the 8th Feb, and also booked me in with obstetrician who saved both mine and my daughter's lives, who I have already seen :)

Hopefully things will be much better this time!! Apparently with correct physio I could just end up with a limp this time or maybe crutches, but should avoid the wheelchair thank goodness!!

Hope you get on okay xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->