special needs??

twinkletoes

Reaction score
hi all, im new to this site and was just wondering if theres a special needs forum? if not, where do i post about special needs???

Hello no the aint a special needs forum, post in this section.

Hope to chat soon :D

What kind of special needs are you talking about hun, maybe someone might know of a site.

well my son is suspected to have ADHD. he also has speech and hearing problems.
and my 7 month old daughter has acid reflux and apnea.

I have experience of acide reflux as my daughter has it! She is 9 months old :wink:

Would you like a special needs board hun?

What do you other girls think?

yes i think a special needs board would be a very good idea. it would give all the special needs mummys somewhere to post. but you could make it one where u need to be granted access to it (like the girly 1 and the dads 1). that would make it personal to all the special needs mummies out there :D

also, is there anywhere for mums of prem babies to post? or do i just post in here?

Locked boards have a downside.

Google searches for first - Someone may look for special needs forum & such topics should help :D

Also Mums browsing having a look that may signup after reading your experiences & seeing it's a friendly board - If you know what I mean :D

Prem babies - New board?

She was on the infant gaviscon and SMA Staydown-nothing works. How about you?
:D

she been on domperidone, ranitidine, something beginning with z (cant remember name lol), gaviscon, losec mups, thick&easy and peptijunior milk. shes currently on the losec mups and the gaviscon. but they dont really work. a ph study and endoscopy is being discussed and will be decided at her next out patients appt unless shes admitted in the meantime.

aaaawwww how the hell dou mums cope itmust be hard with babies that ve problems hug hugs :dust:

Awwww I think the Special needs board is ace and the Prem board!!

I hope your 2 LO are OK.....reflux sounds awful, it must be hell for you and the LO's :hugs: x

its dreadful tam! its awful coz sometimes she brings up blood and seeing her in pain breaks my heart coz i cant do anything to help her. the blood is due to acid damage to the stomach, which is why a endoscopy is being discussed

I am supprised they have let it carry on so bad :( poor little thing, hen i was 6weeks old my reflux was so bad i had an operation to correct it..
How prem was she?

who has special needs? your lil girl?

she was 5 weeks prem. the paed said they dont do ops unless its severe and baby isnt thriving and putting on weight. lily-mae is even though shes tiny. they just keep telling me she'll grow out of it :evil: one of theses days they will listen to me !
its my son who has special needs. hes suspected to have ADHD and also has hearing and speech problems.
did you have the fundo op?

i had Pyloric stenosis. my vomit was projectile and i lost so much weight.

i was born weighing 6lb and by 6weeks old weighed less then 4lb, but none of the HV knew what was wrong untill one doctor noticed whet it was i was giving the emergancy op

both of my 2 were born at 35weeks.

Dior had bad reflux but she was not in pain with it and was not causing her much bother other then lots of sick, so i could deal with that she was born weighing 5lb.5oz she was hard work lost alot of weight etc

Harley was born weighing 6lb and he is doing fine no probs other then relux at first but it sorted itself out by 5 months :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->