Speech

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
When do LOs begin to talk??

Courtney is very very vocal with all different sounds and stuff like mama, dada, and nana but when is it they can copy back what you have said?!

I remember my mums friends lil boy being 11 months old and reciting back to me my OHs name David!! I remember it so clearly cos OH broke his leg and I was doing a lil film on my phone for him and this lil boy would have been 11 and a half months old and he was going "dave-id, dave-id, dave-id" like over and over again!! I understand this is probably quite early for a LO... so what age roughly can they do it?!?!

Caitlyn is trying now. She can say loads of sounds.. Not sure when she'll say words properly though. She tries to copy me, not got the ability yet though!

I didn't realise they copied sounds back so young!

Amelia can only say dada at the moment, keep trying to get her to say more but if i say mama she says dada :rofl:

courtney has discovered how to suck her tongue and it makes such a lil noise... its so cute!! dunno where she picked that up from lol!!

Dec repeated his first word at 10 months, My OH was calling him a 'bad boy' and he said it back, by 12 months he was saying

bad boy
duckie
woof woof
mummy
daddy
whats that
and a few other bits, now at 17 months he will say almost anything.

She repeats things like Nana, does that count :rofl:

I keep trying to get her to say what's that but she can't yet! Going to be so cute when she can!

Jack repeats dada and muma but thats it x x

Ally will do hiya, uhoh and ta. My mum reckons he says much more but they're the only ones I can hear lol. He has got a lot more vocal lately, I was worried he wouldn't ever make any noise! I don't know how I'll tell when it changes and it's actually him who's saying it and not copying it iykwim.

OH i frogot he copys 'grandad' and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lilly is 21 months old and has a range of words and sounds she says: mum, dad, cat, kitty, ta, arm, soup, five, gee

am sure theres more i've forgotten but it seems to grow everyday :)

Not sure but ella is nearly 1 and she says ' nana , dada , mama , yes , oh de (oh dear), aga ( again :lol:) so doesnt say some words perfectly but she tries too bless her.

Dec repeated his first word at 10 months, My OH was calling him a 'bad boy' and he said it back, by 12 months he was saying

bad boy
duckie
woof woof
mummy
daddy
whats that
and a few other bits, now at 17 months he will say almost anything.

thats so clever... !!

:):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"