speech..

Lexi's Mummy

Linzi xx
Reaction score
ok so the main question, how much or how little can your 2 or nearly 2 year old say..

i was on the bus the other day and talkin away to lexi as normal. when out of nowhere this woman id say around 30 (in other words not the usual cooing oldie :rofl:) just interupted asking how old she was.. i was expecting the usual she looks older thing lol.. when i said 22 months old she seemed super shocked as did the woman next to her (again i thought the height thing etc) but then she just said my gosh "how clever is she".. i just didnt know what to say. she kinda elaborated more and said that she'd never heard a child so young speak so much :shrug::shrug:

i mean yh she never shuts up. and can say pretty much anythin and everything. speaks in sentences etc.. i dont think much of it as.. well i just never have lol...

so yh.. how much does your lil one speak xxx

my lo isnt 2 yet , but my niece is 2 1/2, when she was around 2 she new lots of words and made a few short sentences like " come here mummy" etc.. but i would say she was chatting away ( not that you could understand too much anyway )
sounds like your lo is a bright girl :)

Hayden is 23mo and talks pretty well. I think most of it just us would understand though, but he is getting much clearer lately and others can probably understand alot more lately. Casen though was talking sooo much at his age, in complete sentences about 99% of it could be understood by anyone, but he's always been ahead in speech. Hayden is about normal for his age, he says most things now and will repeat pretty much anything, he says short sentences I guess 3 maybe 4words?

my niece was 2 in june and Im amazed at how much she can say! You can have full blown conversations with her, I love it its sooo cute :) xx

Little girls usually do tend to talk quicker than boys, my Lo is 22 months and although he talks and knows lots of words he doesnt talk much, when I think of my sister little girl it is amazing she was speaking in full sentences and was 100% understood by everyone at 18-19 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->