• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Spent 3 days in hospital, now home with no explanation!

sobersadie

2 sons and a daughter :-)
Reaction score
Well an eventful few days ive had since Friday! Woke up Fri morning and threw up the spent the rest of the day having heart palpitaions, lightheadedness and breathlessness. Got worse and felt like my heart was coming out my chest. Phoned midwife - no answer, phoned day unit - away home (at 3 oclock!!). Phoned hospital and told to try and get app with gp straight away or phone them back. Phones GP - told no apps but doc rang me back and when i told him my symptoms he said to go straight down and see him. Half an hour of sitting in waiting room thinking i wa shaving a heart attack he checked my pulse - 130 (should be around 70 - 80) and sent me striaght to hospital. They suspected a pulmonery embolism or a clot in my leg. Took blood, did a blood gas, a urine sample, 2 ecg's, a ct scan, a chest xray and a doppler ultrasound of my legs and all came back clear. I am a medical mystery apparently. They don't know why my heart rate was so high but my blood pressure was perfectly fine. Anyway they have decided they have ruled out anything dangerous and as i feel ok now have sent me home. Strange!!

your not aneamic are you? I am and get breathless, lightheaded and can feel my heart thumping-though it eases after a few mins.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: how very strange indeed....hope your o.k now and it doesn't reoccur xxx

:hugs: :hugs: it is indeed strange! Fingers crossed it is a one off!!

Hi Sounds scary. I have had a fast heart rate since being a teenager, normally treat with beta blockers but stopped these to get pregnant. I have had all the checks and it is "just me" lol apparantly and causes no harm just makes me feel poo. Some people have called it innapropriate tachycardia and since pregnant my ob has called it super ventricular tachycardia. I think the second can occur in pregnancy as a one off or more frequent and then can go afterwards. As i have it normally mine is worse when pregnant. Heart rate is 120 at compleate rest eg lying down in bed but this goes up to 140 when i am at the docs and over 180 sometimes still while sat down (scares the hell out of them if they havent seen me and have been admited to the maternity ward cos of it)
I have been assured it wont harm the baby and am just taking it easy and determined not to take any drugs while preggas. Obviousaly you could have something compleatly different or just a strange one off but thought i would tell you anyway.
Hope it was a one off and you have no more probs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"