Spent the day in the ER

PinkPokaDots

Reaction score
So I'm supposed to be 6+2. I have been having a lot of pain on my left side, so I called my OB for the second time, and they were concerned so they sent me to the ER to ensure the baby is in the right spot. When I got there my BP it was 150/94. When the doctor did my physical exam he said I had a small heart murmur, and said not to worry because it's normal in pregnancy. They drew blood for HCG levels, it was 4336. They did a pelvic exam which showed a high and tightly closed cervix. Yay! Then they did my ultrasound and I had a sac that measured at 5+2, so a week behind. I'm not too concerned about measuring behind because I miscarried in Nov and immediately got pregnant with no period in between, so my cycle was messed up due to the miscarriage, and I probably ovulated and implanted late. I didn't get my BFP until I was 4 days late, and I had been testing every day up to the BFP. So inside my sac there was a fetal pole and a yolk sac, it was so cute!! The technician said she thought she briefly saw a flicker of the heartbeat, but it was too early to pick up since Im only measuring at 5+2. So on my way home I picked up some more clearblue week estimator tests, yesterday morning I got my 3+ on the test and I want to ensure it still says 3+ since my HCG is only 4336. I decided to take one tonight even tho my urine was fairly diluted (I've been trying to hydrate). I was really disappointed when it said 2-3, even tho I know it was with diluted evening pee on a 1hr hold. So I plan to take another test in the morning to see if it says 3+ then. So...long day. I really hope my little bean stays! Is 4336 HCG ok for measuring at 5+2? And is it ok that the heartbeat wasn't picked up at 5+2? Anybody have any comments, advise, or experience/ encouragement for me?

Your hcg is very good for 5+2. At this point I wouldn't rely on hpt. Don't waste your money. Too many factors can make u worry (as u mentioned diluted pee) also seeing fetal pole that early is great too! Hb is usually seen at 6 weeks so try not to worry! Congrats

Yes-- put down the hpts!!! Lol it will just cause stress.

Everything sounds like it's going great!!

Ok so i took the test this morning to be sure, and it still said 3+ weeks. Yay!!! And my OB called after she looked at all my scans from yesterday, and she scheduled me for an ultrasound next week on thursday, to ensure the baby grows a week since im measuring a week behind, and to see if we can find a difinitive heartbeat. Fingers crossed for me! Super happy i get to have some early ultrasounds tho, i was originally scheduled for an apt @10wks. My stomach is also very iffy today, and im fairly tired, my boobs are still sore. Good signs!

Oh! One last thing, I calculated out my HCG to ensure it is rising like it is supposed to do. I have only gotten my blood drawn twice, once when i first found out, and then yesterday in the Er. So my blood HCG was 93 on the 29th of Dec. And yesterday, the 8th, it was 4336. So by my calculations of doubling every 48 hrs, this is how they should have risen:
29 Dec- 93 HCG
31 Dec- 186 HCG
2 Jan- 372 HCG
4 Jan- 744 HCG
6 Jan- 1488 HCG
8 Jan- 2976 HCG

So my HCG was 4336 on 8 Jan, which is well over the 2976 that it needed to be!!! Yay for very good levels!

Sounds good! Hope your next scan shows even better news!

So i saw the report the Er wrote on me from yesterday, and i thought they had seen the fetal pole, but i guess they could only see the yolk sac. So is it ok for a 5+2 baby to only have a gestational sac with a yolk sac?

I was scanning the First Trimester threads and was like 'Hey there's Pink! I remember her from other threads!' Oh I sure hope everything turns out well for you! Will be stalking...

I was scanning the First Trimester threads and was like 'Hey there's Pink! I remember her from other threads!' Oh I sure hope everything turns out well for you! Will be stalking...

Lol hey! how is your lil bean doin?

So far so good I believe! I had been having very bad cramps, like gas/poo cramps and diarrhea... sorry, lovely I know :sick: I was getting pretty worried and my bf was convinced I developed an intolerance to dairy (he is lactose intolerant). I wasn't so sure and pretty annoyed at the idea of cutting out dairy. The past two days things have seemed to go away thank goodness! My first 8 week appointment is in less than 2 weeks but all they will do is an in office pregnancy test and then lots and lots of talking about health history, family history, what I can and can't do, what to expect... *yawn* I won't even get to hear my baby's heart until my 12 week appointment :sad2: Boobs still sore and swollen. The bra I have on today is practically new and too small. How are you feeling?

So far so good I believe! I had been having very bad cramps, like gas/poo cramps and diarrhea... sorry, lovely I know :sick: I was getting pretty worried and my bf was convinced I developed an intolerance to dairy (he is lactose intolerant). I wasn't so sure and pretty annoyed at the idea of cutting out dairy. The past two days things have seemed to go away thank goodness! My first 8 week appointment is in less than 2 weeks but all they will do is an in office pregnancy test and then lots and lots of talking about health history, family history, what I can and can't do, what to expect... *yawn* I won't even get to hear my baby's heart until my 12 week appointment :sad2: Boobs still sore and swollen. The bra I have on today is practically new and too small. How are you feeling?

Pretty crappy lol...my styomach hurts all the time cause im soo bloated. Constipated some days, other days i cant stop going...boobs are relatively sore, im on and off sick, i was having alot of left sided pain so got and ultrasound in the Er that set me back from 6 weeks to five weeks. Im waiting to officially change my sticker until my ultrasound next week, cause they will give me my actual new due date. but they found a huge cyst on my left ovary, probably the cause of my pain. Im actually really happy i got the ultrasound set up for next week, cause i originally wasnt going to see the baby till Feb 2nd. The ultrasound from yesterday was cute, i saw the little sac with beginings of baby in it, kinda just looked like a noodle hanging inside the sac. But of course im anxious to see the baby grow next week and get a readable heartbeat

So i saw the report the Er wrote on me from yesterday, and i thought they had seen the fetal pole, but i guess they could only see the yolk sac. So is it ok for a 5+2 baby to only have a gestational sac with a yolk sac?

I think that's pretty much all they can see so early! Everything sounds like it's progressing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->