Sperm Analysis -- morphology 3%...help!!

TTCBayBay1

Reaction score
My husbands sperm analysis just came back. his count was excellent (225 million!), but the morphology was only 3%. The nurse said we need to repeat the sample.

Is 3% that bad? Has anybody else had a similar result? If so, what did your doctor recommend?

Background: We have been TTC since 9/2012. I do not ovulate on my own and we are trying Femara this round (after 2 failed cycles with Clomid). The sperm analysis apparently is just routine at the beginning of our journey with a new RE. I'm just wondering if it may change our course.

3% is not normal !

There's 2 measures

The WHO SAY 15% and over

The Kruger say 4% and over !

But with his count been so high it's pretty equal too been normal ! But might be a contributing factor !

I ovulate fine everything was good !! But hubby had High count and 4% morph !

We didn't get preg we went through 3 rounds of Ivf too get preg ! Xxx

I had a look online...because I had no idea what morphology meant...and what I read said 4% was normal.

Our urologist said that it is a combo of all things. Even if your morph is low (my hubby's is), if your count is high and your motility is high; you can still conceive on his end. My husband's count isn't that high (he had vas reversal last year) but his motility was very high and his morph was lowish. It also depends on what the defect is to the sperm. My husband's have spiraled tails but perfect heads. It means that they swim slower than his perfect looking guys, but they are healthy.

Most urologist and fertility doctors also want to do more than one test because any number of things can mess up a count. My hubby had a cold the week he did his test, so they will retest him again in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->