sperm analysis??

bdcrossley

Reaction score
So my dr. gave me hell for dh not doing sperm analysis b/c my insurance company wont let me continue after fermara attempts if not done. and I will be at a stand still. but dh doesn't talk about it and acts like he cannot! I am so frustrated..do I give him silent treatment?? I think he has stage fright b/c he has problems getting "hard" sometimes...?? I don't know what to do! here I am doing everything I am spose to do and now I am waiting on him but he continues to procrastinate.. he acts like hes never touched himself before!! what do I do??? please help? is there anyway around this??or alternatives to veggie oil and ur hand?? they say to use a sterile condom but then he def. wont be able to do it??? :(

Maybe you could help him get the sample? :blush:

yeah I know..but he acts all awkward like?? am I the only one whos dh has penis problems?? I really think its like awkward and stage fright.. here we have to do this between these hours and these days...??? IDK I guess I will try...

Some guys dislike self stimulation. You could go at it, then just before he's going to ejaculate have the cup handy.

It's not advisable to use any "lubricant" when collecting a sample as that can alter the results. Also no catching into a condom.

I know my clinic gave the options of: do it there, take one of their cups and do it at home (but if you do it that way, you have to get it back to them really fast after and keep it warm), or they'd give you a collection condom.

My dh has done it 3 times now so it isn't even a big deal anymore. He had to give the initial sample, then when we decided to do ivf, he had to give a sample do them to freeze (in case he couldn't do it the day of the procedure), and then on the day of the procedure, he had to do it again.

I don't blame you for being frustrated. At first my dh was a little weirded out, but then I reminded him all the crap I had to go through. It wasn't really an issue after that. It is for the greater good afterall.

Maybe you can try to suggest helping him at home, and then race it up to the clinic? Does your clinic offer that? Like 291 said though, lube is a no no.

I know my DH was not too happy about it. He didn't want to talk about it after he found out that it was required. He also said no way about doing it at the office. I brought the cup home for him and the morning of the drop off he snuck in to get the cup and did his business. I didn't ask any questions or make mention of it. He also refused to bring the cup in and tell them what he was there for so I did that.

DH was also worried that the sample would identify a problem with him.

I am sure you are doing it but try to take as much pressure off as possible.

thank you ladies...they kinda said not to even have sex to get it but I guess that's what I got to do if they want a sample..at least I have an hour after to get it there :) wish me luck! hopefully all his swimmers are working in order ..lol

My oh doesn't want to do one either and says he can't do it , he didn't do it when I was trying to conceive my 1st either x
He will do it tho he hasn't a choice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"