Sperm analysis..

Hickdaisy

Me: 22 DH: 31 TTC 2 yrs+
Reaction score
So here's the long story short, my husband and I have been TTC for 2 years. I've done everything I could possibly do to enhance/increase my fertility. I have very regular cycles that range from 25-28 day cycles and I always get a positive OPK around CD 13 or 14.

So after our wedding in August, we decided to take TTC to the next level and see doctors. My Pap smear and all other tests came back perfect so everything is 100% fine with me as far as the doctors can tell.

Then my hubby did his semen analysis and we rushed to the hospital which was 30 min away so it probably took an hour before they even tested it, but the result was no sperm at all and round cells which means he has an infection. The doctor put the hubby on antibiotics for the infection (no sexual diseases or anything which I'm very happy about lol cause there would be a whole new storm brewing!) but apparently it's an infection from a few years ago that didn't clear up all the way and of course he had no symptoms or anyway of knowing that he had it. So the hubby is almost done with his two weeks worth of antibiotics then we have to abstain from sex or masterbation for 3 days then to do another semen analysis at the hospital and hand it directly to the lab for more accurate results... I'm really stressed about it....thinking about the what ifs.

Ive never wanted anything so badly in my life and the thought of never having the most amazing blessing in life just tears my heart apart and I don't want it to ruin our marriage with me being depressed... But I will keep faith and pray my hardest that the antibiotics worked and that hopefully his spermies can flow freely!

Sorry my long story short ended up being a long story LONG. I don't talk about this stuff with anyone and I needed to get it off my chest and find some sort of peace in this big mess =\

Aww sorry hun :hugs:. I didn't want to read and run. Good luck with the result

I'm guessing no one else has had this problem or gone through a situation like this.
I just want some kind of hope... I guess miracles happen all the time against all odds.

hiya hun, me and my oh have been trying for three years before we got the courage to get help so well done on that front!! on the other side though just stay positive until you know whats going on. i cant really comment on the infection side of things but me and oh have his SA appt in nov now and we are really excited!! good luck though xx

Thanks Jennifer! The infection wasn't serious and the doctor did say that the antibiotics could be possibly the quick fix and that we might get pregnant this month after he's taken them all. Also the SA could be inaccurate as it took 35 min to get to the hospital and another 10-15 min to find the lab for testing and then who knows how long it took for them to get around to testing it. So the doctor said it's not too worrisome the first time because of how long it all took and the infection, at least we are moving in the right direction, I think!
I really hope October is our month, if not then at least the next few months hopefully. DH will also be taking fertilaid for men I have the count boost, motility, and just the general fertilaid. He took them for a few months before we started going to the doctor but I'm thinking the infection made it impossible for any results to happen but maybe once the infection is gone the vitamins will work and we can get closer to having our little bundle of joy :) I've been so depressed for the last month that I'm thinking I've hit bottom and have nowhere else to go but up so here's to being more optimistic and positive this month!

Hickdaisy the sperm has to be tested within the half hour, else it liquefies and sperm die. When my hubby went for his SA. They told him to give the sample there because in SA theres a check for liquefication time as well.

When you go for another test make sure your husband gives the sample at the lab. So they get it instantly. GL dear x

Thanks MrsWKJ, our doctor told us the same thing, so this month after he's taken all of his medicine (he only has two days left) then we have to wait for 3 days and then do another SA at the lab. I'm hoping for better results this time!

hello!
we had the same problem with you we have been trying for 1 year and a half but 7 months now we bd in every ovulation...when it didnt happen in the first 3 months i was checked everything is ok with me even though as a teenager i had pcos...i expected that i would have the problem since i spot for 3-5 days prior to period but all hormones are great, progesterone is great i ovulate every month and hsg showed the tubes are open...however when my hubby was checked 4 months ago they found an ecoli infection which ruins the morphology of the sperm imagine he had 0% good sperm...

he has been taking the antibiotics on and off almost 4 months now (yeap the ecoli is the most difficult one!)last week the results showed that he got rid of it ...after a total of 2 months of antibiotics...BUT....two other infections occured to the semen due to the long usage of antibiotics...!!!
on the good side these are more "innocent" and the spermchart showed that the morphology is rising up again...all in all we have lost 4 months with this situation...you must be patient time will pass and you must support your husband!!!i know its not easy i've been there i thought it took like a century, but to tell you the truth the two week wait that i have to go through right now is more stressful than waiting 4 months for my hubby to get healed...at least then we knew that there was something wrong and we were trying to fix it so we were more careless...now you know we are into"ok we are both fine what the hell is wrong with us?" anyway!patience and time will fly!

Thanks jenny! Your post really gives me hope! The two week wait is the worst. This is the first month since his antibiotics so i guess we will find out if they worked! If not then I guess it's back to the doctors :( I'm praying like crazy and I keep having dreams about babies? Maybe that's a good sign lol

Good luck! Your DH could try maca root and zinc for sperm count, and where lose cotton boxers so he doesn't overheat the swimmers!

He does use cotton boxers and takes fertilaid supplements for men. This is our first month since the antibiotic treatment. I am still waiting to see if my period shows up or not! I'm not really having any symptoms other than increased appetite but I know that can be a PMS symptom... If I'm not pregnant this month then we will do another SA at the hospital and go from there :( I'm trying to stay positive but after two years it gets harder.. And to top it all off my older sister who is in her 30s with a lot of bad problems got pregnant with her 3rd child by her next door neighbor, all of my sister in laws are pregnant, one with twins, and her I am just ... Sad. :( but I'm trying not to be. I'm happy for everyone but I hope my time comes soon. I know it all happens in gods time and I can't rush it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->