Sperm count question

carrie_penny

Reaction score
Okay, so my DH had a vas reversal last March, we have been trying since. He finally went and got his follow up results done and we both have mixed feelings.

I don't have the numbers, but his count is low. The recomendation is that w/o help we won't be expecting. The thing is what he is making is jacked up, super sperm. The morphology and motility were through the roof according to the doctor.

If you aren't familiar with the whole reversal thing, it is normal for up to 3 years to have lows across the board. Morphology is really hard to raise because a lot of men lose the muscle tone that holds the sperm until they mature plus if the reversal didn't go smoothly and there is scar tissue in the vas, you can tear the sperm apart (not really, but easier to understand that way).

So far his testosterone seems to be fine, he is going to have that checked in a few weeks with a fertility doc, is there anything that you guys have tried that worked really well. We aren't a huge fan of Clomid or anything that will mess with his hormones since that doesn't seem to be the problem. But we really want to boost his count.

There are a few vitamins/supplements that are supposed to help boost a mans sperm count! I have done a lot of research on this and ill list a few and what they are supposed to help with! I don't know if it will help, but they wont hurt so its worth a shot!

Vit D - helps maintain sperm quality and count

CoQ10 - increase sperm count

zinc- helps boost sperm levels

those are the 3 I have heard the most about!

He has those in his mulit-vitamin. I double checked what he is taking for amounts and they are higher than most for men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->