Sperm Life

Crystal5483

Mommy to 2 girls
Reaction score
You would think after two babies, and other pregnancies that ended too soon, and fertility treatment for baby #2 that I would know a thing or two about sperm life.

But for the life of me I cannot remember and I cannot find actual statistics.

I basically want to know my statistics. DH and I have been NTNP for our relationship. I was on paragard from Oct until May. It was the WORST thing ever for me. I went off of it and I have had one cycle since. I did ovulation tests to see when I was ovulating, and just like clockwork, for the past 4+ years, it was CD21.

So I thought, hey, great, I'm back on the same O cycle. DH was going out of state for work training, and we decided to make it a family vacation for the week before. We BDed nightly (very carefully since there were 4 kids traveling with us lol) and the last night, he was switching hotel rooms (downsizing) and we decided to take advantage at 2am, three times. So that was Tuesday morning. Yesterday afternoon CD17 I got a smiley on the digital and a positive Wondfo. So you're talking surge at 4.5 days later. It was positive again before bed, too.

What are the chances that any of his spermies stayed alive that entire time??

Thanks for reading all of that!

They can last for 3-6 days but that's only when you have watery CM or EWCM. 3 days in a non fertile environment and up to 6 days in fertile... To up your chance BD every day until you get a neg OPK.

Oh I know how often we should have done it if we had actually been trying. I am just curious if we are looking at a possible "whoops" baby.

Last BDed the very early morning of July 7th ... three times :blush: And we had been BDing every day for the 5 days prior to that, at least twice.

Positive OPK Saturday the 11th and again the 12th with ovary pain, negative today the 13th.

It is about 5 or 5.5 days - that is too far in advance for the spermies to survive right?

DH did say that I felt quite wet those days we were enjoying ourselves :shrug:

I am 30 and he is 32, I am slightly overweight (size 12) and he is right on par for height and weight (military)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->