Sperm Meets Egg - Buddies!

rachelle1975

And then there were 3!!
Reaction score
Calling all TTC-aholics!

Does anyone fancy following this plan for the coming month and seeing if it helps us get our :bfp: ??

Rules are as follows.....

On day 8 of your cycle, counting from the first day you bled, begin "trying" every other night. Begin taking Ovulation Predictor Kits (or continue with your Ovulation computer) on Day 10. Buy two five-packs so as not to scrimp on taking them and stop too early. To make sure your OPK is working well, take your test in the afternoon or after work and do not drink any liquids or go to the bathroom for at least four hours prior to testing. (Morning is not a good time for OPKs, which look for the LH surge, which usually happens during the day.) Read your OPK instructions carefully, as usually a faint line does not indicate a positive, you need a line that is darker than the test line. LH is produced throughout your cycle and will only predict ovulation when it has a big surge.

When your OPK turns positive, begin trying every night for three consecutive nights, skip the fourth night, and then once more. Then stop! The waiting begins.

Take a home pregnancy test 15 or 16 days after your OPK was positive if your period has not begun. Do not buy internet pregnancy tests or tests that claim to work before your period is expected. They are not well manufactured and are not reliable. They will only cause you more anxiety than you already feel in wanting to know. Please resist the urge to do a blood test at your doctor's office just to find out sooner unless you have a medical reason to know early. Fertilized eggs that do not grow are actually a terrible but normal occurrence as much as 75% of the time, and seeing a very low put positive blood test in the first 14 days can place you on a terrible emotional roller coaster. By the time a home pregnancy test is positive, your baby has safely implanted and your odds of miscarriage are down to a normal 10%.

Should your OPK never become positive, keep the every other day trying going until day 35. I recommend at that point taking a home pregnancy test, but even if it is negative, you might want to take a quantitative hCG blood test at your doctor's office. Remember that not every women will ovulate every month. I personally did not ovulate for two months following my first miscarriage.

As you are trying, make sure to "release" the sperm in your partner at least once during the gap between ovulation and new cycle Day 8 so that no more than 10 days elapse without new sperm production. Sperm is also a cause of genetic damage, not just eggs, so keep it fresh! If you are not successful the first month, it is not because your sperm did not get to your egg. 75% of eggs are lost within the first 14 days due to normal genetic damage or failure to fertilize. Just keep trying!

Bring on the March babies!!:hug:

that's a cut and paste job ;-) if i was THAT knowledgeable i'm sure i'd be PG by now!

a friend recommended it - she fell PG after she did it so i figured what the hell!

u see i cant get that many unprotected bds in :rofl: as im not supposed to be ttc for a few months but if i get him in the mood i do eg a few drinks etc hehe so i have to not overdo it and try and just do it around ovulation time:rofl:

Here you go ladies..

https://pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

better get stocked up on cough medicine!

He he... Porkpie you are cheeky!!!!

Loula thats exactly where i got my cut and paste job from! Right... that is my plan.... in 6 days time we'll have a 'warm up' session and then crack on with the BDing! Last month we both got sick so this month we should be fine!!!x

I have been doing the smep this cycle, i am now on my last "try" tonight lol not that i see the point of the very last one, but hell stick to the plan.

good luck girls :hug:

I have been doing the smep this cycle, i am now on my last "try" tonight lol not that i see the point of the very last one, but hell stick to the plan.

good luck girls :hug:

Ooh what's the smep cycle???:hug:

SMEP... sperm meets egg plan, its what you have been talking about, smep is what its known as.

hows it going? have you started the plan?

:hug:

SMEP... sperm meets egg plan, its what you have been talking about, smep is what its known as.

hows it going? have you started the plan?

Aha! god i'm a durr brain sometimes :rofl:

Well CD4 today, AF should be done and dusted tomorrow so then i can dust of my dancing shoes and get going!!

DH reckons (in his infinite wisdom) that we should go every night from CD9 until 16!!!!:rofl:

How you doing with it?:hug:

It went ok, im 6 dpo now, the only one i missed was the very last one, couldnt see the point of it really.

Your supose to start in 4 days then, do you think you will stick to the plan?
I think its a good plan, I cant be doing everynight, too old for that! LOL

It sounds like a good plan...although i have been trying the 'everynight' :sex: for three months and not fallen yet....come on BFP
xxxx

It sounds like a good plan...although i have been trying the 'everynight' :sex: for three months and not fallen yet....come on BFP
xxxx

god well if that's the case i won't bother putting out too much! ha ha poor hubby!:rofl:

the whole reason for the plan is because they think that doing it everyday produces imature sperm that are no good. (and for oldies like me with little energy lol)

there are so many different ideas on things though, you gotta do what you think is right.

I'm trying this plan this month - had been following without realising anyway, so it feels better to have some kind of "formula" to stick to.... hehe
First O Test tomorrow (CD10).
here's hoping for :bfp: all round at the end of the plan this month :)

Hey snap tiggertea, I've been just about doing this plan without knowing this month! bded cd9, 10 and now12 and 13 (today). So started on the wrong day but can't imagine bding on day 8 would have done any good anyway seeing as I probably oved today.... So now have to bd tomorrow and wednesday to complete the plan. I feel tired just thinking about it but i'm determined to do the plan! Just have to convince DH without him knowing it's actually a plan....:blush:

My DH loves a plan (especially if it means daily :sex: at some stage!! hehe) Although, having said that I didn't actually tell him there should be a ban after the last day, but i'm not gonna follow that part I don't think.....

Hi ladies!!
Well i start tonight(well i have been :sex: the last two nights lol) at least i can give hubby a rest in between nights this way:rofl:

I have never followed "a plan" with ttc bit hey ho i will try ANYTHING!!!

:dust: to all you of you, anyone astarting the plan tonight?? xxxx

Ah well considering i started this thread i've been BAD at following it! We have done it 3 days in a row! Was worried re spermies but doctor said that unless there is an issue with DH sperm then doing it every night won't diminish the quality - plus i've got me a young one so he's got the stamina! ha ha ha

Now i'm on a roll and reluctant to stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->