Sperm Meets Egg Plan - Anyone joining me?

Hi, the smep has got to be worth a shot! Wanted to relax for this cycle and go with the flow but my obsessive personality will not allow it!! I'm on cd1 so I will start with gusto on cd8!

Quick Q, does it matter what time of day you dtd with regards to increasing your chances?

GL everyone, hope this month gives us all BFPs and sticky beans!! xxx

I am exactly the same!! Would really like to just relax and see what happens but I just cant :)

I haven't heard that doing it at a certain time of the day makes a difference, I've just been standard doing it in the evenings. If anyone knows any different though would love to know!

I haven't got around to getting the clear blue digital's today, but did a test on the regular one and the line has come up pretty strong - It's CD14 for me today so will be dtd the tonight and will carry on as if OV today.

Fingers crossed all this :sex: pays off! xxx

I too will join you all. It's my first month with opks and I figured I would give this a shot too :) I now have my fingers crossed for all of us to get our :bfp:
I'm currently on cycle day 5, and I won't be telling OH about smep-just to keep the pressure off.
:dust: to all of us!

I'm trying to stick to the plan as much as possible although I have no idea when (& if) I'll ovulate as my cycles are still really wonky after the MMC in December.

My husband and I decided to start trying during my last period. No more BC for me! My last cycle was 38 days so I am currently on CD21. My OPKs appear to be getting darker but I don't really have any experience! We have been DTD every other day from CD13-CD19 and now plan to DTD daily until CD24 when FF predicts I should O!
Should we continue to DTD AFTER CD24, when FF says I should O?

Definately join you on this !pretty much what we did last month but this month has been pretty stressfull so next month this plan wil be in action

so lots of :sex: girlss :haha:

Hi. I will definitely be trying SMEP again once I can start BDing again. It gave me my 1st BFP after 14 months of trying (and the month after OH was told he had low sperm count and poor mobility). Sadly I had a mmc this week but once I get my next af, I will be stocking up on OPKs. OH is taking his vitamins already in preparation-lol.

I might give this a go too. Trying for 8 months and not a sniff of a BFP.

Possibly stupid question, my cycles are about 34-35 days, so does that mean instead of starting at CD8, I would start at CD14-15?

Hi Conina I think the idea is that you should start from cd 8 no matter what your cycle length just to make sure you catch the eggy, its designed for people after a MC so their cycles may a bit messed up. Im planning on sticking to the plan just to make sure :) Not many people really do have a 28 day cycle anyway!

Argh i hate having to wait to start :sex: again!! :coffee:

All the :sex: is wearing us out! And since I should O soon I don't want to miss a day! I'm terrified that I will time my every other day wrong and miss O day! I am taking OPK's but they are tricky little things and they drive me crazy! Not to mention I have NO idea when I will O!! I had a 25 day cycle last month, with O on day 11, but I typically have 36+ day cycles with a late O. So now with the one 'normal' cycle thrown in there, I just don't know what to expect this one!

Hey - In reply to the question...AF is due on Monday/Tuesday!! Please please please god I can't wait to the day where I don't have to think when am I ov, when are we bd'ing...!!! :haha:

Mrs Treasure, Good luck you're half way there.

LiLeafylea, I hope that you can take it easy and feel relaxed while doing SMEP.

I think its the 'plan' that makes me feel like its a mission but we are all probably doing the same thing we would be doing without 'the plan'. Let's keep sain I'm sure we won't forget to BD!!!

someone remind me on Sunday please!!

Can i join this thread? I am on CD14 positive OPK yesterday..we have been following SMEP since CD8. Trying for three years...all tests negative and fertility doctors can not find anything wrong. We tried clomid, clomid+IUI, acupuncture and everything else i read on the internet..lol...Good luck to all:thumbup

Well would have loved to stick to SMEP religiously but dh didn't seem to be playing ball this cycle dtd cd 5, 7, 10, 13, 14, 15, got +opk on cd 14 so we will see what happens, got a slight temp dip yesterday and slight rise this am whatever that means as I really don't understand all this temping business, I will try and dtd again tonight if dh will oblige, I really hope we've done enough and will get lucky this cycle.
GL everyone and
:dust:

*grrr* OH has messed up my plan! He wouldn't play ball last night so I've got a gap of two days rather than one. He'd better be on form tonight or I'll have to force him. *grin*

I've decided not to tell him about the plan as he's muuuch more relaxed about it than I am, he's more of the NTNP mentality whereas I'm POAS every morning and already planning temping next month, etc. etc.

SMEP is great for messed up cycles (whether after a MC or not, really) as the best time to DTD is shortly before you ovulate and by DTD every other day and then more when you do ovulate, it's maximising the amount of live & kicking sperm in your tubes.

Hi blueeyedgirl1 - I imagine a 2 day break wont be too bad, esp if you havent had a pos opk yet. My DH is also in the same NTNP frame of mind which is a bit frustrating, although he seems a bit more interested this month, maybe he didnt think it would take this long too!
Mrs Treasure- FX for you!! Keep us updated, it sounds like you did BD a fair bit around your ovu so its still hopeful :)
ptntly - I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time of it :hugs: I really hope it happens for you soon!!

Can i join this thread? I am on CD14 positive OPK yesterday..we have been following SMEP since CD8. Trying for three years...all tests negative and fertility doctors can not find anything wrong. We tried clomid, clomid+IUI, acupuncture and everything else i read on the internet..lol...Good luck to all:thumbup

Hello! I think we have we are on the same CD! Sorry to hear it's been such a struggle, hopefully this plan works for you. I know it has been successful for many!

I'm still trying to work out my OPK's, thought I had my + yesterday, but by the afternoon it had completely gone! (yep, testing twice a day... at least - hello obsession!!) Took another one this morning and the line is back! Hooray!! but who knows when OV is actually happening... Didn't manage to get any clearblue digital OPK's either, which is annoying!!

Hope everyone is feeling positive today :hugs: xxx

I think Im oving on the 20th ish, but definately trying SMEp this month, will be intresting to see if it works for any of us!

so Can I join even though im only on CD2?

Well yesterday was day 8 and we DTD. ;) Hope this works :lol:

:bfp:

Hello! I think we have we are on the same CD! Sorry to hear it's been such a struggle, hopefully this plan works for you. I know it has been successful for many!

I'm still trying to work out my OPK's, thought I had my + yesterday, but by the afternoon it had completely gone! (yep, testing twice a day... at least - hello obsession!!) Took another one this morning and the line is back! Hooray!! but who knows when OV is actually happening... Didn't manage to get any clearblue digital OPK's either, which is annoying!!

Hope everyone is feeling positive today :hugs: xxx

Thanks..it has been a struggle but we will keep trying...i heard this plan is pretty effective...i thought we would give it a try...doctors are very quick to give out meds and do ivf...hopefully we can prove them wrong...good luck and lets pray for:bfp:

I think Im oving on the 20th ish, but definately trying SMEp this month, will be intresting to see if it works for any of us!

Of course you can join on cd2 im only on cd5 and it seems we have a mixture of ovu dates commenting :)

Of course you can join on cd2 im only on cd5 and it seems we have a mixture of ovu dates commenting :)

Yep, lots of people have diff dates - maybe we could start a list so we know what CD everyone is on / when AF is due? Hopefully this could help keep track of all the BFP's we will be getting here :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->