Sperm meets egg plan!

Little S

Reaction score
Right ladies... Im now on cycle 5 of TTC after MC and Im determined this month to succeed!!! Who's with me?!

Im going to try the SMEP and start BD tonight (cycle day 7 for me as I have a short cycle).... BD every other day until I get a positive OPK and then BD three consectutive nights once I do.

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with this plan??

Good luck everyone for Feb BFPs!!!!!!!!

Baby dust and hugs
xxxx:flower:

I am doing this plan, bding every other night till positive opk then 7 days in a row lol just to make sure

Wow! You guys sure have a lot of energy :)
I bd'd every other day from Day 8 up to 2 days before ovulation on day 14, then 2 days in a row up to my peak day. My OH just doesn't have the energy to be honest to be going every day up to and beyond ovulation. I just bank on the fact that the sperm can survive longer during fertile CM days when we BD and hope that they meet my egg :)
I got pregnant in 2 months of trying this way last time, so FXD!!

I got my BFP using the SMEP (well, slightly modified as I get UTIs if I don't wee immediately after sex!) so am doing it again this cycle. It won't be 100% though as I'm going abroad this weekend, but I'm proceeding as normal with it as I have no idea when I'll ovulate as this is my first proper cycle after the loss. I highly recommend this method!

Well I really hope it works for us this month :thumbup:
We started last night on CD7 and am tempted to try again tonight but as I ovulate around day 12 what do you think?

x

I got my BFP using the SMEP (well, slightly modified as I get UTIs if I don't wee immediately after sex!) so am doing it again this cycle. It won't be 100% though as I'm going abroad this weekend, but I'm proceeding as normal with it as I have no idea when I'll ovulate as this is my first proper cycle after the loss. I highly recommend this method!

I also get terrible UTI's. I can recommend cranberry supplements plus loads of water - it will really help quickly to get rid of the bacteria.

good luck to you!:flower:

The last 2 times I got BFPs we were using this plan. It can get tiring (lol), but I think it works.

hmm -this plan sounds very similar to the Billings Ovulation Method, so I guess we'll just keep doing that and hope for the best.

Good luck, ladies!!

I got my last BFP using SMEP sadly we m/c but now we are back to TTC again we did the SMEP again this month but I'm not sure I actually ovulated or I possibly missed it so my muck up! Guess I will find out in about 10 days!

Good luck xxx

How's the plan going them ladies?
We're on CD 10 and started BD on CD7. DTD on CD9 but have realised that over the weekend we may have trouble sticking to the plan with friends visiting etc?? :wacko:
We may have to just DTD tonight and fit another one in at some point!! :winkwink:

Im hoping for a BFP this month.

Ive started taking Pregnacare this month as my Luteal Phase seems to be short - 9/10 days. Im hoping it will lengthen it... any experiences of this?

Been weirdly spotting for two days also. Trying to keep my spirits up though - PMA!!

xxxx

Good luck girls
xxx:hugs:

Wow that takes a lot of energy! I've never heard of SMEP before.. weird since we've been TTC since 2009. This is my first time on a forum though. I like this plan! I think we'll try it, if DH's up for it.. hehe :)

we did the SMEP whilst TTC last time round didnt have any luck with it, but i could never confirm ovulation :shrug: i think i just took ages to ovulate again after the pill, we DTD everyother day through my entire cycle, we were pooped :haha:

The mth i got caught we DTD 6 days in a row up to what i thought may be ovulation day :shrug: had a temp rise but that went up even higher few days later, was convinced we'd missed again, i am convinced the :spermy: were too old thats why my baby gave up.

were going to NTNP for the next few mths but go along with everyother day, cant do SMEP this mth has have to wait for the bleed to stop ans get back on track but will be sneakily plotting next cycle :haha:

good luck everyone xxx

SMEP is going according to plan so far! Im on CD13 and not ovulating yet... a little later than usual but Im taking Pregnacare thsi month to hopefully lengthen my luteal phase so could have something to do with it??
Hows it going for everyone else?
Fingers crossed for BFPs this month!
xxxx

SMEP is going according to plan so far! Im on CD13 and not ovulating yet... a little later than usual but Im taking Pregnacare thsi month to hopefully lengthen my luteal phase so could have something to do with it??
Hows it going for everyone else?
Fingers crossed for BFPs this month!
xxxx

Little S - your posts make me smile and feel so positive! I hope that you get lucky this month :hugs:

I am at 9 dpo at the moment and will hold out testing until at least 16 dpo which is next sunday. If its a BFP I want to wrap up my HPT and give it to my OH as a Valentines Day present on the Monday. If I start getting spotting on weds/thurs then I know I'm out for this month and March too as my OH is in Chile for March Ovulation, damn!

GG xx

im planning on doing it that way next month, did it every day until positive ovulation stick at which point we couldnt do it anymore lol!

so every other days sounds much easier, although 7 days in a row afterwards like some said would kill us lol!

im planning on doing it that way next month, did it every day until positive ovulation stick at which point we couldnt do it anymore lol!

so every other days sounds much easier, although 7 days in a row afterwards like some said would kill us lol!

Hi Eternal,

Every other day helps you and your OH keep your sanity and keeps BDing less like a routine. Also I started BDing every day when I started seeing stretchy cm (around day cd10) as the sperm should be able to live more than 24hrs in that envt...then we finished on the Peak day (last day of ewcm, as sperm can live for at least 5 days in that environment). But whatever rocks your boat really. I have found the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility an absolute godsend!!... I attribute it to getting pregnant in 2 months the first time around.

The other thing that has helped (esp when we do do it every day) is a nice selection of lovely sexy underwear! :winkwink:

xx

Thanks Glaciergirl. :winkwink:
Im sending you lots of positive thoughts... fingers crossed for your BFP!

Sexy underwear??? My poor OH - I think he's got used to my underwear being mismatched for years!! :hangwashing: just whatever comes out of the washing machine first!!! bless him.

come on BFP!!! :wohoo:

Hey girlies
Hope you don't mind a gatecrasher :blush:
We did smep following a mmc in the summer and got BFP on the first cycle of trying, my sis also had success within her first cycle of following the plan.

exhausting :wacko: but it seems to pay off

FX for you all xx

Hi Eternal,

Every other day helps you and your OH keep your sanity and keeps BDing less like a routine. Also I started BDing every day when I started seeing stretchy cm (around day cd10) as the sperm should be able to live more than 24hrs in that envt...then we finished on the Peak day (last day of ewcm, as sperm can live for at least 5 days in that environment). But whatever rocks your boat really. I have found the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility an absolute godsend!!... I attribute it to getting pregnant in 2 months the first time around.

The other thing that has helped (esp when we do do it every day) is a nice selection of lovely sexy underwear! :winkwink:

xx

thanks ... perhaps we will have more stamina next month lol but this month floored us lol! def understand things a bit better now so hopfully that will help too. might have a look on amazon for the book, sounds good. ive been thing of trying the whole natural fertility thing, the diet, fertliity message, yoga etc ... it cant hurt anyway. thanks :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->