Spitting up and feeding question

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
Sometimes when I'm feeding Brooklynn she will spit up a LOT, like she has an upset tummy. When this happens after a feeding I don't feed her right away again because I'm not sure if i should "refill" or just let her tummy settle. Sometimes she is spitting up almost everything I've given her.

What do you all do??

Sounds like reflux to me. Tegan has reflux, she's on Gaviscon for it and that only takes part of it away. When she spits up I normally just leave her - she might want her next feed sooner but its best not to put more into them.

Also, how much are you feeding her? Its possible she's being overfed if she does it at every feed. That happens quite often, because some babies will just eat and eat until they're sick. So if I were you I'd take her to the docs and they should give you some gaviscon for her :)

Don't know if they have infant Gaviscon in the US so not sure if that's what your doctor will give her. Lol

It's really random kinda why i haven't come up with a strategy yet. Do i need a prescription for the infant gaviscon or can i just get it at the drug store. I'm not panicky about the whole thing yet as she is still gaining but I don't want to let it get out of control.

You need a script for it yeah. It should stop it from happening pretty much straight away. It didn't with Tegan though, she's also on meds to stop her vomiting.. I'd try to get a handle on it now before it gets too bad :)

Will likely talk to the doctor in the next few days as it got a lot worse today. Every feeding she was sick A LOT so... off we go I guess... Thanks btw

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->