Spotters... Help! :)

Fellowes79

Reaction score
Hi! So I am cautiously excited. I got my first BFP on Saturday and then another stronger one last night. I am cautiously excited because I have been spotting (brown) for the past week. I called my doc today and they will call me tomorrow to set up a screening. I told the nurse about the spotting and she said it is probably normal and to call if it gets worse or if I have any pain. She also told me to stay off google :)
Anyone experience this? According to my LMP I am 4 wks and 2 days.
Thanks!

At 4w2d, it's probably just some implantation bleeding. I wouldn't worry about it unless it changes colors (red) or you start having strong stomach cramps. Best of luck to you!

I had the exact same thing, brown spotting at 4+2. I had miscarried my previous pregnancy so thought it was over for sure but the spotting only lasted about 24 hours, was only ever brown and when I wiped and am now 30 weeks with a little boy!

The brown spotting was totally different from my mc as well btw. When I miscarried it started brown but within an hour was extremely heavy, dark red and clotting. If it changes then you may have cause for concern, but with what you describe it sounds like LO is just finding a snug spot to nestle into.

I found out I was pregnant at only 3 weeks. I had spotting for almost 2 weeks straight. It actually just stopped yesterday. I had betas done, an ultrasound done & everything is progressing just fine.

My doctor told me that some women just spot during pregnancy & there's no explanation as to why.

Of course if it gets to the point of a flow or coupled with pain, then it's a reason to be concerned.

Thanks! You guys made me feel better :) Was anyone a spotter before AF?

Alot of times spotting is from irritation of the cervix. So if you've had sex, then that might be why. I've spotted in all my healthy pregnancys. But with my miscarriages the brown blood turned into lots of red blood within hours. I think you're okay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->