Spotting 5w3d

MissChristal

Reaction score
I experienced light pink spotting yesterday. It didnt last long but again I'm having the same thing this morning when i wiped. Also occompanied by very minor cramps. I have a history of miscarriage, so i am freaking out a bit. We lost our insurance after my husband got laid off last month. He has a new job but they dont offer insurance. Just signed up for medicaid but have to wait for approval. Have not seen my doctor yet. Initial appointment was too much to be seen self pay. Thanks in advance for any advice/insight.

I know this probably won't offer you much comfort but I had pink mucousy discharge around 5 weeks pregnant and it lasted 3 weeks for me. It went from light pink to Brown within those three weeks. When I went to the doctors and they checked my cervix there was no blood on it. Really strange considering I had been spotting. I'm now 19 weeks pregnant and the baby is doing great. Good luck to you Mama I hope everything turns out just the way you want it to.

Thank you so much for your quick response. It does seem there is a some cm mixed in as well. I think the cramps that occompany it is what's freaking me out a bit. I'll try to relax till i get to a doctor. Thank you again!

I don't have any experience with miscarriages but do the cramps feel like your past miscarriages? I definitely know that I had a lot of light cramping in the first trimester I even have more of it now too. When are you going to see a doctor?

Well they sort of feel like light period cramps. I'm really just hoping these are just ligament pains. I do remember having cramps that came and go (sort of like contractions-but definitely not as painful as the real ones) and back pain when i had a miscarriage. With my son, i can't remember if i had cramps this early on. If i did i probably didnt pay them much mind because i didnt spot with him at all. As soon as i get approved for insurance i am making an appt. I called my doc and the initial appt was over $500 and around $120 for follow ups, not including bloodwork or ultrasounds. I see a high risk ob since i also have a prolactinoma and dermoid cysts.

I've had a lot of babies. I don't want to give you false hope, but my ob said 5 weeks is the most common time to see normal healthy bleeding/spotting in pregnancy because often the placenta is implanting.

I hope everything turns out okay! I have repeatedly been told there a many reasons for spotting/bleeding in pregnancy. My doctor would never say it is normal, but it is common. *Most* of these reasons end up being just fine. With you being so early, I would almost think it could possibly be some left over implantation bleeding?

I am almost 10 weeks pregnant now and starting bleeding dark red blood at 6w2d. Since then, it has ranged from dark red, red, pink, and brown. Somedays I won't have any spotting or bleeding and other days I have what seemed like quite a bit when I wipe. I have had two ultrasounds since the bleeding started and everything is okay so far. I even found the baby's heartbeat last night on my home doppler. I am still nervous, but trying to remain positive.

I hope that that can help you feel a little less freaked out because there are a lot of women who experience bleeding in the first trimester and everything turns out fine.

My doctor assured me not to worry unless the bleeding turned bright red, heavy, large clots, and cramping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->